Problems with Reciever and Xbox 360

Username: Watupgroupie

Post Number: 1
hey, I'm in need of some help. I have a setup that has an input of a PS3 via HDMI, Wii and original Xbox through composite and an Xbox 360 through component to a Pioneer VSX-9130 THX receiver, which goes to a projector through HDMI. Everything works fine except the Xbox 360, I get sound but no video. It works fine when connected to the projector directly and hooking the sound up to the receiver but not both going through the receiver. The receiver upscales the video to 1080P and I don't think its a problem with connecting component either because we have an HD satellite connected to it too through component which works fine. I did have the video set to 1080P resolution on the Xbox 360 before hooking it into the receiver, do I need to set it to 720P? Please help, I don't want to have to buy a newer 360 just for an HDMI plug, which I think that would work, but I don't want to have to do that.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 710
I have given bad information similar to this so I cautiously post this from the Pioneer Knowledge base:

The VSX-01TXH is able to take a non-high definition video signal, which is inputted to the component in, and reroute it to the HDMi out.
However if the inputted signal is in HD, the conversion is not possible. Therefore the HD video signal would only be outputted via component.

My concern is that this statement is not specific to your model but if you look in your Pioneer manual you may see this same to be true of your model as well.

Username: Watupgroupie

Post Number: 2
Thank you for your suggestion. It got me looking into my manual for video conversions and stuff. Turns out my receiver has a video conversion mode (on or off) for every different section of it. So BD, DVD, TV, Etc. all have settings for video conversion for themselves instead of as a whole. The DVD section where I have the 360 connected came default off. Turned it on and it worked wonderfully. Glad I fixed this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us