Sub always on in 2ch stereo?

Username: Krannisto

Post Number: 1
Maybe a stupid question.. Getting a sub next weekend to grow my HT set-up of front plus central speaker, and wonder how the sub will work with this?

I use a Yamaha AV 863 reciever and when playing audio i use 2CH only, and then the central speaker is off as I want. It only activates in other settings when watching movie through DVD or TV.

Question is, how will the subwoofer act in this? I know it will be active in all the movie sound settings and 7ch etc, but how about a "normal" 2CH cd listen mode, on or off? (provided that the sub is turned on for sure?)

Cheers/Kari

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 707
Greetings Kari,

Sub on all the time for playback of any media, surround or 2 channel. You will wonder how you ever lived without it!!!

Enjoy

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 597
Think of it like this adding a sub is like turning your speakers into the equal of tower speakers. Your base drivers will become midrange and upper base drivers leaving the heavy lifting below 80Hz to the sub. Since the sub is in its own box the vibration base notes would cause in a normal tower speaker will not effect the main speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 717
A sub doing the heavy lifting!! Well put, I like it Casey!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 599
Thank you Jim

Username: Krannisto

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys, cant wait to get the sub : )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us