Blue Ray player to Denon AVR-2106

Bronze Member
Username: Bigbrit

IN

Post Number: 22
Hi, I am looking at purchasing a Blue Ray player, my question is this Denon receiver doesn't have an HDMI connection, if I use this unit without the HDMI connection from the player will I see a dramatic improvement in pic quality or not?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 659
If you use the component video (3 cable) to your receiver and from the receiver to the TV then yes you will.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 581
Jim why would you not just tell him to hook the blu-ray directly to the TV? What will running the video through this reciever do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 660
I basically answered the way I did since the question was regarding the quality of the connection to the Denon which has component video and not HDMI. I was assuming that the confusion was about HDMI being unmatched in quality. That and Rod never mentioned if his TV had HDMI.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 582
I did'nt mean to challenge your answer Jim. Now that I have reread the question I am more confused by it."if I use this unit without the HDMI connection from the player will I see a dramatic improvement in pic quality or not?
HDMI is not the final answer for the best picture, but most people assume the picture is better with HDMI over Component.

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
Very true!! Exactly what I was attempting to point out. I always cringe when the Best Buy commercial states that HDMI is the "best available". Technically true but misleading and many get the impression that there is no other way to go.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us