HDMI and optical out conflict

Username: Amar0315

Corpus Christi, TX United States

Post Number: 1
on my old samsung i was able to use the hdmi and optical out and if i had the used the hdmi it would reroute to my optical which is hooked up to my receiver....on the new samsung it does not do that....if i use the hdmi it will not reroute to the optical everything else but the hdmi....is there a firmware that fixes this or something as simple as a setting because i have been through every menu on the tv

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 651
Put simply, our new Samsung (TV I am assuming) only routes audio from the HD tuner to the optical out.

No matter though because you ought to be taking the audio out of the source as in the cable or satellite box.

Post Number: 3
yeah but i have 3 components that i want on optical (xbox, ps3, satbox) but only have 2 inputs

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
Use one of the orange digital outs on one of the three units. It is the same as the optical.

Silver Member

Post Number: 653
BTW- Which model Samsung?

Post Number: 4
yeah bout to check in a min but i think the digital out is shared with one of the opticals....just an FYI did you know you can use a video cable for the digital out....actually works better....but anyways its a samsung dlp....model hlt5676s i believe

Silver Member

Post Number: 654
I have used video cable for digital audio on short runs in many cases and it has worked well. I wouldn't necessarily say better but spending 6 times as much for a "digital" cable is ridiculous!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us