Huge Room: Both Movies AND Dance Parties?

Username: Justinc123

Memphis, TN United States

Post Number: 7
We have a commons room in the dormitory i run. it's big--probably 25x50ish. kids watch movies, play guitar hero, etc, but i also need a system that can handle LOUD dance parties also. Stipulations: around $1000. Speakers should be wall-mountable or able to be secured some other way (but i'm thinking walls are better because it's off the ground away from the dirty, clumsy freshmen). Want something that will last. Ease of use is important, too, so the kids can operate it without an instruction manual. Ipod doc. DVD is fine but not necessary. A nice sub is also a given.

the problem for me is just thinking through the party end of things. tempted to just get some powered mackie's and hang them from the ceiling or something. just afraid that home theater couldn't take the pounding of a party and loud speakers aren't that great for home theater. thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 635
A PA system a good idea if you are not too concerned with movie surround sound. Something like this:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-Matrix-600-PA-System?sku=630366

Will allow all sorts of inputs (iPod dock DVD player and dare I say it, microphones!).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us