Center or Rear speakers of my DD home theater do not work when playing Fifth Element DVD

Anonymous
All other DVDs work fine except Fifth Element. It only plays stereo but is a Dolby Digital. I got it to test my new home theater and am disappointed that I cannot hear center or rear speakers. What's wrong. This DVD has a good rep. about its sound quality. Please help.

Derek
The Fifth Element Defaults to 2.0. You must go into the DVDs menu and set it for 5.1.

Also, there realy isn't a 6th channel in that movie (and 99% of movies for that matter). Your receiver must be deriving it somehow from your other DVDs. What kind of equipment are your using and what type of 6.1 decoding are your doing?

Anonymous
Derek,

Unlike other DVDs, the Fifth Element does not let me into the DVD menues. It just start playing when loaded to the DVD player. I rented it from the local Blockbuster. Is it defective?

My equipment is budget home theater in a box. it says Dolby Digital and has 5 speakers and a passive sub-woofer. I don't have this problems with other DVDs. So, I think the problem has to do with the movie rather than the equipment. Any help to set the movie to 5.1 will be appreciated.

Derek
You are right but you can get to the menu. Hit "Menu", "Root Menu" or "Disc Menu" on your remote when the movie starts. You will essentially see the DVDs cover art and 4 options including Audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us