True HD Dolby Digital, DTS

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man_jack

Santa Maria, California United States

Post Number: 529
can you only listen to the True HD Dolby D using the Pre out? I'm 98% sure on this but not 100% positive. I would assume as much since i cant hear anything through optical

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 628
Optical from what?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 571
Dolby Digital TrueHD will not be sent through an optical wire. "If the Blu-ray player will decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio to PCM for output via HDMI to an AVR or pre/pro.Additionally, the 192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog audio converters to decode and output all audio formats from its 7.1/5.1 analog outputs"

Silver Member

Post Number: 533
so a PS3 cannot put out trueHD, i need a separate Blu-Ray player

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 629
A PS3 should output trueHD via HDMI

Username: Tes918

Houston, TX United States

Post Number: 1
So without HDMIyou need to feed 7.1 analog to the pre/pro or receiver that can accomodate 7.1. What is your recommendation for a blu-ray player that is best for 7.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
my receiver was at the dawn of surround sound, thus having no HDMI inputs..... it's not quadraphonic...haha, but it is old... it does have the 7.1 input on it though. so apparently i need an upgrade

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 575
The Panasonic DMP-BD55K or the Sony BDP-S550 both have 7.1 anolog out puts. Both list for 399.00. I find my self needing one of these machines and will begin to shop in Feb. As the new models were introduced this past weekend in Las Vegas.

Username: Steve139186

Post Number: 2
If your using av reciever the does 7.1 or your just doing 5.1 i would reccomend panasonic DMP -BD35k instead of 55k. only real difference is 5.1 instead of 7.1 but 35 is around 150$ less
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us