Best way to improve LCD TV Sound??

Username: Texans2

Houston, TX US

Post Number: 3
I have full-up 7.1 Surroundsound setup and it sounds fantastic!
BUT. I'm looking for a solution to casual TV viewing that does not include firing up the A/V receiver everytime I watch TV but improves on the standard Audio of the LCD TV.
Everything I've found so far is either overkill(includes DVD, Subwoofer, etc), or cannot connect to 2 seperate sources.
Currently have BOSE VCS-10 Center Channel speaker right beneath the TV and the ideal solution would be a soundbar that could act as a Center Channel Speaker when the A/V receiver is on -or- as a powered soundbar (stereo only) when the receiver is off.
I would replace the VCS-10 if I could find a 'powered stereo speaker set/bar w/multiple RCA inputs (+ optical) that could also substitute for a center speaker in a 5.1/7.1 configuration. Any Ideas out there?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 568
I do not believe you will find such a product. But an A-B switch may work if the TV has speaker out options. Mitsubishi's 149 series has abuilt in sound bar. Would'nt it be great to get rid of that Bose center.

Username: Texans2

Houston, TX US

Post Number: 8
Actually I'd like to keep the Bose VCS-10 Center. It really works well in centering dialog at the TV. The perfect solution would drive this speaker from the TV's RCA out (SW pos. A) or pass the amplified signal from my AVR in 7.1 surround mode (SW pos. B). In this way I would have the option of using my complete HT setup for movies & games or just an enhanced TV audio mode w/o the AVR on. I've also concluded there's no off the shelf solution for this....yet?

Bronze Member
Username: Onecall

Spokane, WA

Post Number: 26
Unfortunately I don't know of anything that will work for the duplicate role. One option may be the Boston Acoustics TVee system. A powered speaker that can be wall mounted, and includes a wireless subwoofer.

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=88694&BCPID=200

Matt @ OneCall
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us