Need Helping Setting Up New System *Getting Very Soon*

Username: Syuhas85

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 1
Hello,
Me and my wife decided to get a new TV and Sound System for our recently new home, the problem is where the Fireplace is it keeps the Tv and Sound from being in the middle of the room... We talked about putting it above the fireplace, The wife won!! she likes her decorations and for the price they wont to set up and new electric box and run wires theres no way!!! Anyhow We are going to purchase a 42" HD Samsung Flatpanel and I am currently looking at these systems for sound: (Bose Cinemate, Yamaha YAS-70BL Front Surround System, Or The LG LHT854 5.1)unless you can help me find something better suited for my living room under 499. But I have a picture and i was wondering if anyone might help with how to set up the audio where should I place the speakers? Like I said she wants to keep the tv in the same position its in now, so i makes things difficult for Audio.
(By the way The fireplace sticks out just like the picture its not inset in the wall)
Thanks hope to hear from someone!
Steve
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 615
Regarding the Home Theater system that you buy I would recommend looking into the Yamaha, Samsung or an addition to your list Onkyo. I would not even consider any Bose system at all.

Please let me know if this helps you at all with your speaker placement issue:

http://customconnectionsonline.com/faq4.html

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2420
­
Steve, I think you already know your situation leaves you between a rock and a hard place. Anything close to ideal surround sound is virtually impossible with your room setup. (I hate fireplaces!) I therefore think the best compromise is a single "sound bar", as with the Yamaha YAS-70BL system. It'll be a long way off from true surround, especially with all the kitchen space to the right. But look at it this way, at least the Yammie will still sound better than the TV's built-in speakers.
­

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 618
If you do not already have an receiver the Yamaha is the way to go as it has integrated amplifiers. If you already have a receiver, the Polk Soundbar and a good subwoofer has worked well for me in a couple of instances. There is also a bar from Definitive Technology called Mythos that may work for you as well.

Username: Syuhas85

Cleveland, OH

Post Number: 2
Thanks John and Jim, I was looking in to the Yamaha soundbar YAS-70 and its got a lot of high reviews. sounds like a winner but where would you place it if you were me? I mean would you put it on the entertainment center above or below the tv or on the wall above it? OR... I could possibly get away with her letting me hang that above the fireplace right above the mantle but would that make the sound kind of funny considering the TV is to the right?
Like I said again Thanks a ton guys.. my first time buying a new TV and sound system for my new home
(PS I hate my fire place to useless decoration)
:-)

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2425
­
Keep the center as close to the screen as possible. As Jim's site states, the center should be as close to the ear level of the seated viewers as possible. If both the over or under positions are aboout the same in this respect, I would opt for over the TV. This would be better for sound dispersion throughout the room.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us