Help! no dts signal from toshiba 9200sd to denon avr 3802

I wonder if you could help me. I have toshiba sd 9200 dvd player teamed with a Denon avr 3802. I tried to play the Gladiator dts-es dvd, but couldn't get it to play in dts mode. I used the bitstream connection and dts input on the receiver and it was silent. I eventually played it in dolby
. Also when i tried to play a dvd-audio using 5.1 connections, the sound did not come out of all my speakers. I have a sub, center, 2 front and 2 rear. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks Dennis Walsh

Tony
Dennis,

When you put the dvd in, look in the menu setting of the dvd. Usually under language or format, you will find the choices for dolby, dts etc. Choose the DTS mode there, then go back to the main menu and play the dvd. I had the same problem with a jvc dvd player and thats what I had to do.

Dennis Walsh
I want to thank everybody on this and other boards for taking the time to help me with my problem. I tried everything. I finally discovered the bitstream coaxial hookup had not been programmed in the receiver set up. Once I did that, it worked fine. Dennis
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us