I need help

Username: Justinrageth

Post Number: 1
I looked at the bose lifestyle 48 at the bose store and was blown away by the demo. I read some reviews and am now confused as to weather it is good or not. I need advive as to what to get. I looked at a samsung htib with a bluray player and thought it was cool but i havent heard the sound.

What is a good htbi to get?

I really want ease when setting it up. I like how the bose changed the speaker settings to change to the room it is in. I would like a simmilar function in the htib. Any suggestions?

I dont really care what price the system is, I am willing to look at all the options.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2367
­
The $4000+ pricetag of the Lifestyle 48 is one of the biggest ripoffs in all of audio, in my opinion. The actual cost of manufacture can't be much more than one-tenth that cost. Of course, it's your money and you are free to spend it. Here are, however, a couple of alternatives that offer much more than the Bose at a quarter of the cost.

ONKYO HT-S9100THX

This system features a real A/V receiver featuring HDMI 1.3 inputs with internal decoding of the lossless Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA audio formats available on Blu-ray discs. The speakers have real woofers and real tweeters, and the 12" powered sub will blow away that boombox Bose uses. The receiver also features Audyssey EQ for speaker calibration and room resonance correction. And the entire system is THX certified, which means that it most live up to a stringent standard of performance. Street price should be under $1000.

PANASONIC SC-BT100

This is a feature driven deal. With this system you get a Blu-ray drive that will also play almost any other disc you throw into it. The unit decodes DD+, Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-MA. It also comes with a wireless transmit system for the rear speakers. In their October issue Home Theater magazine gave this system a Top Pick, stating the bamboo fiber (!) speakers exhibit a very pleasing warm, non-fatiguing sound. Street price should be well under $1000. I haven't heard this system, but I still will guarantee it will blow away the Bose at a fraction of the cost. Its one weakness is the lack of a room calibration system such as the Audyssey on the Onkyo and the similar system on the Lifestyle 48. So you'll have to let your ears be your guide with the setup on this system.
­

Username: Justinrageth

Post Number: 4
Great! Thanks for the suggestions. I definetly am looking at that Onkyo system. But the thing that stops me from making that my final decision is that darn BluRay player included with the other. Anyway thanks again and any more suggestions would be great!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us