Need help with Denon AVR 788

Username: Grungy44

Post Number: 2
Hi guys. I a bought Denon AVR 788 amplifier this week-end. Incredible amp and everything works fine except for one thing: I can't get the image when using the component inputs.

Here's the setup:
- TV (Cogeco) receiver component output goes in the amp's component input (it's plugged in "VCR" right now)
- TV receiver audio output goes in amp's "VCR" audio input, it's working fine.
- Amp's HDMI output goes into my TV's HDMI input.

I tried selecting the amp's "VCR" input for both sound and image, and only the sound works correctly. I can't get any image on the TV.

I managed to get the PS3 and DVD player (both using the amp's HDMI input) working perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 514
I am a little confused from the first set up " TV (Cogeco) receiver component output goes in the amp's component input". Is this connection on the TV or the cable box. There is no component out from the TV its self, you need to connect the cable box audio,and video to the receiver and then HDMI to the TV.

Post Number: 3
Sorry I wasn't clear enough, English isn't my first language...

But you're right, I am talking about what you seem to call the cable box. So here's what I have:

Cable box -----COMPONENT----> AMP ("VRC" input) -----HDMI----> TV

Thanks again.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 517
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that this receiver does not convert component to HDMI, I believe HDMI is only a Audio/Video repeater. Any one else know for sure?

Post Number: 4
Mmmmm... that could be the problem. Because the PS3 and DVD player (which are both connected to the receiver with HDMI cables) work perfectly.

Well, I might end up connecting the component cables directly to the TV then... Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us