Please help...

Username: Mustaine

Post Number: 2
Hi everyone, i am new here, i have been looking for many months now to buy a pair of good loudspeakers mainly for music but also for a bit of HT. I am thinking of bying either the energy RC-50 or KEF iQ9 or DALI Ikon6. I listen to some classical music but mostly i listen to hard rock/metal music and especially more technical/complex genres such as progressive metal (e.g. Dream Theater and Symphony X) and symphonic epic metal (e.g. Nightwish and Rhapsody) therefore it is very important for me that the speakers are clear and detailed with good highs but not too bright. I especially enjoy the sound of loud crisp clear electric guitars :-) I will connect the speakers with a cambridge audio 540R receiver. which of the three loudspeakers would you recommend for me? I have heard the ikons and although they are good detailed speakers they were a bit bright, the RC-50s i can unfortunately only buy without listening to them first (however i have read good reviews online) and the IQ9 were not as detailed and clear as Ikon6 but they were not bright. Also i am thinking of purchasing a cambridge audio 540C or 640C cd player, are these good choices for my tastes in music?

Please help...RC-50, Ikon6 or iQ9... :o
Your help will be much appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us