Computer DVD with Home Theatre

Anonymous
Hi,

I have DVD Player in my Computer. I replaced the existing graphic card with another graphic card which has TV Out. After that, I have connected my computer A/V to TV. I am getting very rich picture and sound from my Sony 27" TV. Now, I want to buy a Home Theatre. Do I need a seperate DVD Player in order to get better sound quality (DTS, Dolby features etc.) or can I use the existing computer DVD and connect it to the Home theatre.

Thanks in advance.
David.

JP de Jong
If your soundcard supports a digital-out you are laughing...That way just connect it to an amplifier which can decode DD5.1 and/or DTS. If not, it is probably cheaper to get a seperate DVD player or even if you don't have an existing amplifier and speaker and all in one setup...

Cheers,

Jean-Paul

tony ng
Computer DVD is best of the best in graphic if it comes with a dedicated decoder board. Mine is Hollywood PLus and Tosiba DVD -Rom. On a 17" high resolution CRT monitor, I can't find any video output (including HDTV) that is better than that. Imagine you can't even make out any horizontal or vertical lines

dedicated dvd decoder boards also include DD coaxial output whereas general dvd capable graphic boards don't

Unregistered guest
Please help? I just purchased a Sony Vaio with Gigapocket and want to hook it up to cable. Is this possible?... I currently have my STB connected to a vhs player, a dvd/vhs combo, stereo with surround sound and finally to my TV. I would like to record from the STB to DVD but I am afraid of damaging my new PC with trail and error!...Does anyone know how to do it?(if it helps, I do have a spare STB to use)

Unregistered guest
I am building a HTPC. The motherboard has coax digital out, so I don't want to add another soundcard. The DVD player has both a line out and a digital out connector. Do I need to use the digital out to get Dolby output ? If this is the case where can I get a connector that connects the DVD digital out to a Coax s/pdif input.

Cheers

Allen

Saskia
Unregistered guest
Hi there I have a brand new Acer, 30002Lc. I have been playing dvds on it with absolutely no probelms, until today. I put in a dvd & could'nt get any sound, I tryed pushing the volume up but it keeps reading 0%volume. I don't know a thing about computers & was wondering if someone could help me. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us