Help a Noob!!

Username: Skinty

PlymouthEngland

Post Number: 1
Hi guys an gals...

Im after some advice...im new to the whole home theatre thing an im trying to link my HDTV with my PS3, Cable box and Suround Sound.

At the moment is connected like this.

HDTV to Cable Box via Scart i then ran a red/white audio cable from the HDTV's Audio OUT sockets to the Audio IN sockets on the Surround Sound unit.. I can hear Cable TV through the HDTV and the Surround Sound unit.

My PS3 is connected to the HDTV via a HDMI cable. I have been into options on the PS3 and the sound output is via HDMI.

The Surround Sound unit is also connected to the HDTV via HDMI to watch DVDs on.

The Surround Sound unit is a PHILIPS HTS3357 and is on www.comet.co.uk with a list of all its inputs and outputs for you to look at (i find it all very confusing)

So, theres my situation. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 509
This system is not a very good choice for PS3. Once you select HDMI out for audio from PS3 you can't use the other digital outs to feed your receiver. with no HDMI swithing on the receiver your done.

PlymouthEngland

Post Number: 2
and in english?

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 53
What he's saying is that you're limited to what you can do with the Philips receiver. I tried looking for a digital coax audio cable/converter or something for the PS3 and I seriously doubt there's something available.

Your best bet would be to purchase a better receiver that supports HDMI, Digital Audio Output, and coax. These days, the more ports your receiver supports the better off you'll be later down the road.

PlymouthEngland

Post Number: 3
Ive bought a convertor, my plan is to run a optical cable from PS3 to the convertor and then into the Digital Coaxial Input on my reciver...any views on this?

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 54
Glad you found one. See if it works and let us know!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us