Last hope

Username: Frustratedmomtech

Post Number: 1
I have tried many ways and people on the net to help me connect the A/V equipment I have and to no avail, no help.
Please, Please, Please, help me connect the following and i will try to respond back right away if you need more info. I have been waiting for days...
I have a Dish Satellite, Sanyo TV, Phillips DVD/VCR combo, and a basic Durabrand Home theater in a box that included 1 large speaker (has "DVD IN" plugs red & white L & R and "AUX IN" plugs red & white L & R, with 1 "AUDIO IN" plug in front) and 5 small speakers. My kids are dying to watch something (summertime blues). Diagrams help, but I can follow directions. thank you

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 331
Connect the Dish receiver video to the TV and the audio to the Durabrand AUX input. Connect the DVD/VCR combo units video to the TV and the audio to DVD in. I am not sure what Sanyo TV you have but hopefully it has at least two inputs. This seems too easy so I am assuming there must be a problem somewhere that I am not understanding. If this doesn't help don't give up on us, I am sure we can help you here.

Post Number: 2
Haven't given up! But things really shouldn't be this difficult to connect.
So, to make things more complicated my daughter brought home a different vcr/dvd combo. It is a Sylvania Progressive VCR/DVD RW Combo (ZV420SL8). If I explain all the plugs on each piece of equipment, maybe that will help you all help me.
Sanyo TV:
red,white,yellow plugs on front panel (video/audio IN)& one ANT. IN in back.
Satellite:
S-video, and red,white,yellow Audio/Video
(I have my satellite already connected with RF coaxial cable)
Home Theater:
"DVD IN" red & white and "AUX IN" red & white, with 1 "AUDIO IN" plug in front
DVD/VCR Combo:
DVD-Coaxial, Audio OUT red & white
SVideo-DVD/VCR In, DVD Out
DVD-Video out green, blue, red
DVD/VCR-Audio IN red & white, Video in-yellow
Audio OUT red & white, Video OUT-yellow

Hope this wasn't too confusing. We just want to be able to connect and be able to use all of it. Please help.
Thank you so much. :-)}

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 332
I see the problem now. The TV does not have enough inputs. One way around this problem is to keep the satellite hooked up the way it is to the TV already but add a red/white (called RCA patch cable) from the Satellite red/white audio out to the AUX IN on the Home Theater (HT).

For the DVD/VCR I would suggest simply taking the yellow video OUT to the Front of your TV and the red/white Audio OUT to the DVD IN of the HT. There will not be sound from your TV speaker so the HT will have to be on when watching a tape or DVD.

I hope this helps

Post Number: 3

Yea! YOU made my children and I very happy! Thank you so much for helping us out. I am so grateful to you and this site!
Thanks again!
Frustrated mom no more!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us