PC and tv surround sound?

Username: Jeff2008

Post Number: 1
hi guys i have just bought a new 47 inch lg tv (Model:47LG60) and would like to know how i can connect up a surround system. First heres a few details of what i have

1. Creative Inspire T7900
2. A pc connected up to the surround sound via a Trust 7.1 surround sound card
3. and then the LCD TV

is there a way i could get the surround sound hooked up to the tv so i can play both the pc audio and the tv's audio through it?

if you need TV spec or anything i can post them

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 318
Are you using a cable tv or sattelite tv set top box? If not does the TV have an RCA type SPDIF (orange usually) audio output. What is the model number on the sound card?

Post Number: 2
The tv has a built in freeview tuner and i also have a freeview recorder hooked up via scart. Yes the tv has an optical digital audio out. It tried connectin this to my sound card and then selecting it as my input but to no avail. The sound card's model number is SC-7600

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
To use the digital audio (optical) out on the TV page 47 of the LG TV manual indicates that you must set the TV speaker option to "OFF" in the audio menu and to look on page 93 of the TV manual for details.

Post Number: 3
yea i noticed that when reading through the manual i tried it but still had no sound. Perhaps its an issue with the sound card i will check to make sure it is configured correctly, or thought that maybe it was because the TV Program that was on did not have 5.1 or higher audio and therefore the sound was not picked up. Perhaps im wrong i shall check again with a film that i know has surround sound in it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
It sounds like you have everything configured properly to me so you are probably on the right track in thinking its the sound card. You may need to check the drivers and there may be a program that accompanies the drivers that allows you to make the necessary selections. You may need to enable the sound card to use the SPDIF. There is probably a setting somewhere for this. I am pretty sure though that the digital audio out is going to process any sound 5.1 or not otherwise I doubt that they would require you to disable the TV speakers.

Post Number: 4
i installed the drivers the way the manual for the sound card said to and have been using the software that came with it. I currently have the surround sound working with the computers audio but not with the TV's. i have tried the option for enabling the SPDIF as the input as described in the sound card manual but no luck. so i was thinking instead i could just buy one of the pci High-def digital tuner cards and then its audio should play through the PC's already working sound via the surround sound, Right??

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
How much were you planning on spending on the tuner card? Maybe the money would be better spent on a better sound card? Have you considered calling technical support on the sound card? Is it still under warranty?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us