Definitive ProCenter 600 to 22" without receiver?

Username: Cosmicfunksquad

Post Number: 2
Hello I hope someone on this forum can help. I purchased the Definitive ProCinema 600 5.1 speaker set. I replaced the center channel with the ProCenter 1000 so now I have a ProCenter 600 left over. My only other TV is in the bed room and is a 22" that has horrible sound from the built in speakers.

So, is there a way I can hook the ProCenter 600 to the TV without a receiver and all of that mess? I want to keep it VERY compact as it is on my desk.

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 265
You really can but I wouldn't try because you would probably have to take the TV apart to do it. It would make for a really shotty setup.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 242
Sorry for the bad news here but even if you got into your TV to hook up this new speaker of yours it would make only a slight improvement. You would still be using the audio section (amplifier) of the TV and that is where a lot of this bad sound is coming from. To avoid the audio section you need to take Audio out to a receiver of some sort.

Post Number: 4
Hello, I am pretty used to taking electronics apart, laptops and things. The TV is a Samsung 22A450 and part of my problem is the speakers on it are in the bottom facing down, I can hear the sound bounce off of my desk. Could you give me advice on what I would be looking for and how to try it out?

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
All you are looking for inside the TV cabinet are the speaker wires. Does the speaker you want to use have 4 binding posts on the back by chance???

Post Number: 5
The speaker only has 2 post, inside the TV each speaker has a positive and negative wire going to it, should I just hook one set to my speaker?

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
That is the safest thing to do! If you notice an upgrade to the sound then so be it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us