Setting up a PS3 on Surround Sound

Username: Justin21x

Post Number: 1
I have just just bought a All In One Surround Sound, Home Theater.

It has an optical in but no HDMI-IN Ports.

What I was thinking of doing is setting up an optical cable from the ps3 I will buy that will go to my home theater's optical in and use an HDMI cable from the ps3 to my 1080p tv.

Will that work? Will the audio run through the home theater properly and have surround sound? And would the audio still run through the hdmi cable? Let me know and thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 229
Simple answer? Yes to all!

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your good answer Jim, I had a feeling it would work but just wanted to make sure hehe. You think it would still sound good even though the sound would still be coming out of the tv? Ohhh and I just thought of something, I could simply lower the volume on the tv to "0" if I don't want it and it would be normal. Thanks for your help. I had seen some switcher boxes and all that online and everything I had found was from 150-300$ which I really did not want to pay, now I am really happy.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 230
Be happy now and ecstatic when it actually works. No matter what though it would be helpful if you let us all know how it turns out for you.

Enjoy!

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 39
Your set up is the exact way I have both my xbox 360, PS3 and other devices hooked up, and it's remarkable. Glad you didn't spend extra money where you didn't need to. Enjoy your PS3. Get the game "Warhawk" if you have online capability. It's an online only game, but it is fun as hec. Other game choices are Grand Theft Auto 4 and Call of Duty 4. However, I've been playing Warhawk since day 1 and don't see myself stopping any time soon.

Post Number: 3
hey level zero,

ya good thing I can set up my gadgets this way with optical, i wanted everything to be 1080p and surround sound, i have the tv and surround sound now, ps3 will be bought once there is a good deal at walmart or futureshop, or ebay lol.

I have played warhawk and it is great, really cool flying a plane with the sensors, i played online once for a little bit of time and got massacred haha, hard and will need practice. I currently got call of duty 4 on my pc which is excellent, nice graphics and game. GTA 4 is no doubt a game i will buy once i get the ps3 hehe. And final fantasy 13:-)

What would be nice to have is a 1080p 120hz tv, but really expensive... too bad lol..

Anyways, chow!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us