Accustimas 6 Series II No Sub Sound

Username: Jay_bird

Bethel Park, PA United States

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Yamaha Receiver RX-V863 ($899 + tax)to replace my old Awia. Everything works fine except I get no sound out of the Accustimas Sub. I have tried Auto Set-up on the Yamaha, manaully calibrated the speakers, and tried changing the phase on sub. The Bose manual says to turn the Sub OFF when using an AC 3 receiver, but the Yamaha does not give me that option, only "Front" or "Both". I can still get my money back if I return the Yamaha. Am I misssing something or should I either get a different receiver for my speakers setup or should I add a power sub to my system? If I add a sub will that adversely affect the Accustimas? What receiver/Sub would you recommend? Room is 14X16.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 207
Greetings John,

How do you have the Acoustimass "sub" hooked up?

Turning the Subwoofer Off on your new Yamaha is going to be done in the set up mode.

Adding a true subwoofer would be nice (I would certainly consider it) but if we get this set up properly is probably not required.

Post Number: 2
Jim,
Thanks for your reply. That is the thing, all the wires for the 5 cube speakers run through the "Accustimas Module" which incorporates the Sub for the system. I have gone through the setup mode and the Yamaha does not give me the option to turn the Sub OFF as recommended by Bose.

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
So the module is connected to the receiver by two wires from the front left and right speaker outputs right? If so then the problem is very likely to be this sub off issue (because the receiver is not outputting low frequency to the main speakers)

From Yamaha:
2. Check the LFE/Bass Output setting in the Set Menu of the receiver. Verify it is set to the "Both" option for best subwoofer performance.

This would tell me that perhaps Yamaha calls what we are looking for LFE (Low Frequency Effects). Have you seen anything like that in your tour through the menu?

Hockey fan by chance? I will be happy to help you this week but next week...

Post Number: 3
Yes.
I have already gone through the LFE/Bass Output set up several times and tried the only two options Yamaha allows i.e. "Front" and "Both" there is no difference. I am becoming more convinced that the Yamaha is not compatible with the Accustimas module. I now have to decide if adding a seperate sub would solve the problem or maybe I should return the Yamha for another brand. I just hate to spend money for additional units if there is a fix for what I already have.
GO PENS!

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
FYI - You can reply to these messages in a box just below this message rather than starting a new thread each time.

If the LFE is set at front you should get something from the bass module (try disconnecting the speakers and turning the bass setting all the way up). If there is no sound what-so-ever I do not think it is a matter of incompatibility but rather that something is not working correctly. Any receiver should output SOMETHING to the bass module even with the sub or LFE on. Bose (another reason I do not like them except for OEM Automotive) has absolutely no info on their website so I would try calling them. The info needed to do so:

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/customer_service/owners/faq/product_faq1.jsp

Regarding a separate sub, I am all for it but I think we have a separate issue here.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 492
Hook up the front L&R speakers to the sub hook up the sub to L&R speaker out puts on the Yamaka and set the speaker settings in the Yamaha to large

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 493
Hook all the speakers to the sub and set them to large and sub NO in the Yamaha

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 494
Hook all speakers to the sub and set the Yamaha to Fronts. It is not the yamaha but the Bose. Don't buy Bose buy real speakers.

Post Number: 4
The "Accustimass" module was the problem. I took it out of the system, bought a new powered sub and reset the the Yamaha. WOW what a difference. Now that everyting works, I realize how poor of a set-up the original Bose crap was. Thanks Casey and Jim.

Username: Buda3012

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I have the same problem.
for two days I am trying to "properly" set the sub with this receiver and I cant do it. I have an Infinity TSS 1200 speakers system and the volume from sub is very low. I have to put a head inside to hear something. I try to change every possible setting...
Please if someone know some trick or something to solve this issue.}

Username: Kableguy

Post Number: 2
NO HIGHS, NO LOWS, MUST BE BOSE!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us