Help me spend $15,000!!!!!

I've been reading some postings, and you guys know your stuff. I need some help putting together the best HT system I can within my budget. I would appreciate any and all advice.

Here's what I want to spend the money on:

50 inch HDTV plasma
5 speaker system (front, surround and center)
A/V receiver

Other considerations:

--I have a Velodyne 10" 100w subwoofer
--My wife pretty much insists that the rear surrounds are in-wall
--Room size is 20x20 with 12' ceilings

Thanks a lot.

Anonymous
You know you could get all the system you need for under 15k, and the 50" plasma could easily consume 15k. Dont base your choice primarily on price, there are alot of good complete systems out there for under 6-8k. Why is 15,000 the mark?

James
Check Hifichoice.co.uk for buying guide well done. Multichannel amps and speakers.

Do your research and go with something better than what you see in typical big stores like goodguys, circuit city, etc. Like Outlawaudio.com has good recievers that are well received by the pros in Hifi.

You mentioned in wall behinds - you might want to get a complete combo for best results, and the inwall speakers are not as good sounding. PSB and Niles audio make good in wall speakers.

The prices on big TVs are coming down so fast every year - you might want to wait on that one.

Anonymous
Chat alive on audioasylum.com to get advices.

Sounds like you want to build a gooood home theatre set up. You can get that with your budget, but only with making an informed choice.

Take your time and read the magazines Hifichoice. Don't buy what you see on your local big electronic stores like circuit city, good guys, etc. - you can do better for less money.

Try to hear many speakers, and go with the one you fall in love with.

Here are some big names you might want:

Monitor Audio bronze
Paradigm
PSB
KEF
Mission

I heard that price of big TVs are will be coming down drastically. In 2 years, there will be a switch in the broacasting to digital, improving all TVs. Make sure your TV is ready for the change, if you do buy b4 than.

Good luck - sounds like an exciting project.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us