Sony HT-C800DP -- anybody have one?

Tommy
Anyone have this new one from Sony? I am trying to decide between it and the Samsung HT-DB600. Any info would be appreciated.
thanks

Anonymous
I have one and I love it. It was exactly what I needed at the right price. It sounds better than most of my friends' systems that are individual units and it reduces a lot of space in my entertainment center. All of my friends that doubted it are now sold on it. They have been really impressed. Of similar units of price and features, I found the Sony Units far Superior. I looked at the Samsung HT-DB600 and I like the Sony better.

Now that I've praised it and stated that it was the perfect system for me, I will give you the down sides that I have seen and let you decide. First off, I live in a fairly small apartment, so it fits my scenario very well. I do believe that it will be able to move with me into a house when I do so. The first thing that pissed me off was that the speaker inputs in the back of the unit seem to require a proprietary plug. If you are any good at cabling (like I), this is no big deal. Besides for my apartment, plenty of wire came with the unit (the wire is a little better than mid quality). When playing a movie with surround sound, I would be a little concerned if I had the unit in a large room. If you have a large room, upgrade to a unit with a more powerful receiver. For my apartment, its more than enough (I sit about 20 feet from the TV). I also wish it had more inputs.
This unit had the most features, best quality of speakers, and overall best sound of any of the competing units in the same price range. It may be a little more expensive than some of the others but it is well worth it. It is also very easy to use.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us