Hooking up my system??? HELP!!!

Styles
I was told to buy this S-Video cable to get better quality from my TV. I bring it home and then realize i have 3 S-Video holes. One in the TV, one in the comcast digital cable box, and one in my home theatre system. Can someone explain where the cable shoudl be hooked to for best results??? I also need help on the connections for my setup. Heres what i got...big screen rear projection TV, the cable box, the hometheater system and an xbox. I want all the sound to go through my home theater system speakers. Im confused in a lot of spots. Where does the s-video cable hook to, i have it from the tv to the reciver rigth now and when i switch my tv to s-video, i get no sound. Ive got more holes then wires and its freaking frustratiing as hell! I just want it all hooked up correctly to achieve the best quality possible with what i have.

Also, im one of those people who bought a nice big tv, and took it home and hooked it up and am now bitter that my picture doesnt look like the store picture. What are my options for optimizing the picture without dumping &300 to $500 on one of those HDTV converters. Is there anything i can do to maximize my picture to get a better looking picture??? I was playing DVD's through the xbox, whic someone said was progressive scan, but the movies looked liek sh*t on my TV. I got better quality on my home theatre system hooked up to my 27 inch hurting tv. What gives, I need lots of help here!!! Thanks in advanced!

Styles

qdog
here is a link for wiring many different config's...

http://www.prillaman.net/ht_info_8-wiring.html

Cable could be the main reason your picture stinks...though dvds should NOT have same problem...didn't you just post a similar question in the "video" thread??

Robert
Yeah realized i might have beenin the worng thread! Sorry! Thanks for the responses! The cable seems fine, stuff looks real good on my regular tvs. Its a shame my small 27 inchers around the house look better than my 42 inch big boy!!! Sad, isnt it? Im so frustrated. The DVDs look crappy to me too, i just dont get it!

qdog
hey, i feel the same way..i have a 57" HD Hitachi, when using digital cable, my old 27" Sony looks better, but in HD or dvd, the picture is "astonishing"

Robert
well explain to me how i should have the DVD player hooked up properly to get this astonishing look??? what types of cables??? Id just liek to prove to myself that there is a good quality picture behind that screen somewhere!!!!

Robert
going off the other threads response!

I just got the S-Video cable, but still dont know whether i should be it hooked to the cable box or the home theater receiver, they both have holes for it???

Robert
Shoot, i dont even know what the S-Video cable does, i was just told to buy it cause it helps so i did and the instructions were crappy, so i ran it from the cable box to the tv. Didnt even know my home theatre receiver had a s-video option but apparantly it does after i looked back there! Im retarded, forgive me! HAHAAHAH!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us