Need help

Username: Watts22

Post Number: 1
putting surrond sound in living room which is 22 by 13. already have 50 inch plasma on wall. All wires pulled into closet behind, hd directv in closet with rf remote which works great. Want to place receiver in closet also which system will work. Only found the bose, would like other choices.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15724
Budget?

Post Number: 2
1000 receiver, also would consider combo unit-speakers and everything maybe 2000. speakers need to be able to be mounted to wall or in the ceilings

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15726
I recently put together a system for a friend of mine consisting of a Pioneer Elite VSX-90TXV receiver and a set of Axiom Audio speaker system called the Epic Midi 125.

I highly recommend the Pioneer and Axiom speaker combo. You would not be disappointed.

Post Number: 3
thanks will check into these products.

Post Number: 4
will the pioneer work with the receiver in closet. Like the clean look with tv on wall and no wires.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 120
If it doesn't it can easily be made to. There are many ways to use remotes with hidden components.

When you go shopping you can ask if the receiver (and DVD Player?) are RF (Radio Frequency) capable but if the equipment that you like is IR (Infra Red) don't worry, an all-in-one remote or a device like a Leap Frog can help.

We are all about clean!!!

Post Number: 5
thanks jim, also went to a couple places and listened to a few receivers denon, onkyo,yamaha, and bose. The only model number I have was the bose which was lifestyle 28. Liked the onkyo, if I have more options which of these if anyone of these would be a good choice.Going to go to a higher end place today and listen to the pioneer. Thanks for the help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
No problem Danny,

All but the Bose (strictly my opinion and generally because it is grossly over-priced) are excellent choices. All of them will provide the power you will need, what I would suggest is paying attention to the features, something that makes the shopping challenging.

The best receiver for you will have the features you need and be intuitive to use. In other words, when you want to change a setting you can pretty easily figure out how to do it. Just comparing the remotes can be a big clue sometimes.

With all of that said, I personally agonize over the speakers a lot more than the receiver as they make a bigger difference to the system!

Have fun

Post Number: 6
Also went to look at speakers, already have a polk audio psw505 powered sub, now I am looking for the rest, Would like the speaker to be small enough to mount on the wall near the tv and the rears in the ceilings, may put all in the ceilings. This is the wife's room but with my touches, hate to see good tv wasted with crappy sound.

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
That is one of the best statements I have ever heard!! Brings a tear to my eye!

Regarding speakers however, I would recommend going with the sound rather than the form. It is easy to make speakers LOOK good, it is quite another, seemingly, to make them sound good!!!

You could do very well with many on wall speakers. Ceiling speakers are a bit more tricky to get great sound from but it certainly can be done.

Please let us know what you find out today during your shopping adventure!

Post Number: 7
Went today and got many new ideas and more question. has anyone heard or even own Mirage speakers, heard them today very impressed. Same size as bose which makes wife happy, but sounds much better which makes me happy. had these on by themselves with a denon receiver very nice, comes without sub which is good for me because I have sub. Just wondering what others think of these. Not much on these in this forum.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Mirage has a great reputation and reviews for all of its product line. Unless someone has some sort of trouble with durability or the company themselves I would say you have found your speakers!

What receiver did you like?

Post Number: 8
The Denon AVR-988

Post Number: 9
Also the pioneer elite was good, Still going to try the onkyo and others before I buy. like to hear different set ups before I decide

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
Great!!!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15730
Mirage makes excellent speakers.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2237
­
For the past 5 years, I have been listening to a friend's 5.1 setup of the Mirage Omnisats.

They can play surprisingly loud and clean for their size.
­

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the input on these speakers, put with the polk sub sound be just what I wanted.Now need to research the leap frog so I can put everything in closet. Thanks for all the help. Also does anyone use the denon receiver I listed, sounded very good together. I am still going to go look some more at receivers before I decide.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
I am just getting won over by Denon after years of successful installs with Onkyo/Integras. I am becoming morte convinced that my customers are more comfortable with the features and controls of the Denon.

Personally however, I have a Pioneer Elite!

How is that for not answering your question?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us