Looking for low cost Home Theater

I have been given an old 48 inch big screen and would like to hook up a home theater system.
I already have a very good theater system in my famiily room, so this will be going into my bedroom. Because it will be in the bedroom, I don't want to spend much on a system. Are these $100 - $300 systems I see everywhere worth buying?
I saw a note on a Durabrand at Walmart and really didn't see any other discussions on these types of systems.
Any thoughts on these types of systems, and reccomendations, would be greatly appreciated.

David
How about the Sony HT-DDW740?
It got a good review in Consumer Reports.
You do need to provide a DVD for this system.

David, I have seen some of the reviews on the Sony HT-DDW740 that you recommended. They make it sound like it is a great value for the buck. The problem is, I see a lot of reviews out there and on this string that say that. Does anyone have this system or another sub $300 HTiB (minus the DVD)that they can recommend?
Remember, this is for a bedroom. I don't want to go too wild on price.

Get the Durabrand ht 400 at walmart you will be blown away for the low price(89.99). The system blew me away when I bought mine. The system has 200 watts max. power and dolby digital 5.1. The sat. speakers have mounting holes on the back of them perfect for a bedroom. Email me if you have anymore questions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us