Newbie needs help/suggestions

Username: Orchitis01

Post Number: 1
Ok, I am new to this, but know that I want something better than a HTIB. However, I don't want to drop thousands on a new home theater. The room is 25x15 with to large enterances to the foyer and the kitchen.

What I want is something that will give me good quality for watching TV/DVD's and listening to music. What I am leaning towards is SVS's SBS-01 5.1 system.

It's in the price range I want, $1000.00 and from what I have seen it's a great value.

So, what I want to know is if you think this is a good purchase, why or why not. If no, what would you suggest in the same price range and why

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2229
­
SVS has a very good reputation in subs, and this speaker package has been getting good reviews. I have not heard it, but I would encourage you to try them out in your home. You should be prepared to send them back if they are unacceptable. However, I would upgrade to the 12" sub. It looks to be well worth the $150 upgrade cost. The speakers are a little inefficient, so hopefully you have good power to run them.

Besides, SVS is another fine Ohio company, and it hasn't moved its manufacturing to China.
Buy Ohio!
We need the money! :-)

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/speakers/1962/svs-sbs-01-home-theater-speaker-s ystem.html
­

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 109
If you go this route please let us know how it worked out for you. Generally it is better to actually listen to a speaker system, even with all of the pitfalls, prior to buying but obviously this Ohio company is doing business with online sales so I am curious.

Thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us