NO VOICE watching DVD when AV Rx in dts or dd mode

i have a voxson dvd player linked to a hyundai 5.1 channel av receiver via optical cable.
i only have four speakers set up, FL,FR,SL,SR no center, and no sub.
with the dvd player set to have no centre channel or sub, i'd assme that i'd only have four channel surround going to the receiver, which would be fine except that when the reciever recognises the dd or dts signal, it outputs the surround fine out of the four speakers, but the voice track of the dvd is muted/muffled so much its all but inaudible
the reciever is both dts and dd compatible but when i'm watching a dvd the lack of voice drives me to set the reciever output to stereo to hear properly, which ofcourse stops the surround effect and only uses 2 of the speakers.

is the centre channel the one supposed to handle the voice track of the dvd? is there any reason why i'm only hearing muffled low voice?

n e help or direction would be appreciated.

Derek
The center channel handles most of the dialogue, which explains why you are not hearing any voices. Instead of using the DVD to set the number of speakers (the receiver is probably ignoring your settings on the digital input), use the receiver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us