Nakamichi 8.5 and add my bose accoustimass speakers??

Username: Bgunville

Post Number: 1
i purchased bose accoustimass speakers before digital dolby was as popular
bought the nakamichi 8.5 to go with my new plasma tv
it is awesome but i think my bose satellite speakers sound better - is it okay to use the bose speakers or can i hurt the nakamichi subs
thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 18
Not sure what your particular series of Acoustimass speakers you have; if they're Acoustimass 3, they can work with receivers that put out between 10 and 100 watts per channel. Acoustimass 5 handle 10-200 watts, etc. I read that each satellite speaker for your Nakamichi can handle 15w max.
Because of this, and also that Bose speakers are the bomb, I'm assuming it's safe to use your bose speakers with the rest of the Nakamichi setup. Now, the only thing is making sure all the connections are the same (i.e.: do all speakers connect to the system via speaker wire, RCA-type connection, etc.?)

Username: Bgunville

Post Number: 3
old versions acc -7 (which are center and fronts)
and 3 i think (single cube rears)
both have speakers use wire hook ups but my concern was the bose hook up to a bass "module" and i think carry some bass whereas the naks hook up to two heavily-powered subwoofers and it seems they havent much on the insides of the satellite speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 26
I'm sorry. I see what you're saying. I should have just read the question correctly the first time!

The Nak subs also carry the amplification to push the satellites (assuming you still plan to use the bose cubes), right? If so, I don't think the subs will be harmed in any way, since the power is working outwards to the satellites. Am I still off?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us