TV on but no sound thru Sony Home Theater System

Username: Connieb1128

Post Number: 1
I connected my Sony XBR4 to my HD cable box to my Sony Home Theater System DAV-HDX500i. Connections were made with two HDMI cables and speaker wires. DVD works great with sound coming out of the speakers. Problem is I cannot get speaker sound thru my home theater system when my TV is on. You may email me personally at constancebaumeister@ionmedia.tv Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 99
I have sent a mail

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 175
You probably have not connected your HD Cable box to one of the digital audio inputs. I have experience with that model and I am pretty sure that you have a digital coax, and an optical input. Connect one of these type of connections from your hd cable box to your sony reciever and then using the function button on the remote change the input to the the connection you used. The input is labeled on the back of the reciver where you will make the connection so whatever that is called is what you will select for an input using the function button on the remote. A simple way of looking at this is that you are not going to get sound from the reciever for any specific component without having some kind of connection from the component and the reciever. This is just not possible ae there has to be some kind of connection from the component to the receiver. The HDMI to the tv is only to be able to see what your are playing on DVD on the TV it has nothing to do with sound from other components. So if there is another component that you want sound from that too will have to be connected in some way to the receiver to deliver sound from that component to the reciever....

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 176
If you look at the below graphic (straight out of your manual) you will see that you have a spot to connect the cable box to the receiver. You will see an identical connection on the cable box. I recommend using optical. The input on the receiver that you will select using the function button on the remote will be called SAT/CABLE.

Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us