My Kids are destroying my surrounds.

My 4,2, and within two weeks, new born are moving and playing catch with my rear surround speakers.

I heard that they are best placed at ear level, I was wondering if it will affect the sound quality if I place them up higher?

mike
Glove,

Too many of us with kids share your pain! Patience is a virtue my friend. The good news is that assuming you have monopoles (speakers that only fire one way) Dolby actually recommends you place your surrounds about 2-3 feet above ear level and facing each other. As far as sound quality goes, you will probably actually find that it's an improvement since the sound is now travelling above you. This makes for a much more spatial effect making it sound more realistic. Enjoy!

Hawk
I had my new house pre-wired for 5.1 sound when it was still in the framing stage. The wall connections for my surrounds are 7' off the floor. Sounds fine, and it is out of the reach for all but the most determined children.

Thanks for the info. I just bought the Avia home theater video which shows everything but floor level is OK.

I'll raise them up and figure out later how to get the wire to them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us