RCA 52 inch - DS52w20b and RCA RTD209 surround sound

Username: Madcatx

Post Number: 1
I have a Cable box
the RCA Surround sound with DVD player
X box

I would like to know how to plug in the Surround sound to function as the sound for all the devices and everything i have tried does not work...

can anyone tell me how to set it up?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2188
­
"can anyone tell me how to set it up?"

You need to list the inputs on the back of the RCA Sorround sound.
Either that or state the model number of it.

Post Number: 2
RCA 52 inch - DS52w20b <~~ tv

RCA RTD209 - <~~~ Surround Sound Receiver

Sorry about that - I thought i had pulled it out of the subject line

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2189
­
Sorry MadcxatX the model numbers are in your subject line. Duh!

As Arnold says "I'll be back."

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2190
­
Madcatx, your RCA sound system has only one analog red/white R/L input. This is a problem because you've got two you want to feed into the surround. What you need is an external switcher that you would connect the audio outputs of the xBox and cable box into.

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=3108&sku=28746

You would select that input on the RCA surround and then switch between the cable and xBox with the switch.

You can find these switchers ar your local big-box retailers and Radio Shack as well as online.
­

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 86
Greetings Morgan (and John),

John's switch idea with the switch is the best way to solve your problem but as I enjoy spending other people's money so much I would like to add that it seems a big shame to have such a nice TV (can't find the model number anywhere but have to assume with a 52" TV that it is nice) and compromise so much on the audio section. Please do not take offense to my comment, I simply would like to convey my personal belief that the audio is at least as important as the video.

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 160
Jim is right, take that surround system back if you can and get something that will actually do what you want it to. The RCA will not! The only true surround you will get will be DVD. Sorry to say but the RCA is a complete waste of time and money and is not really a surround sound system anyway! You are not going to be happy with it. Unless you like having to get up and walk accross the room to switch it everytime you want to do something. The money for the switch you would have to buy and the RCA would be better spent on something designed in this century. By the way red and white are analog and for stereo output -the reciever would only be doing its best to simulate surround sound not actual surround sound!

Post Number: 3
John thanks bro - i will use that method as -

This was a Christmas gift from the old lady so until it breaks - or Mysteriously falls of the stand >cough cough< then I have to stick with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us