Need Help please

Username: Meo034

Carleton Place, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony STR-DE985 receiver and would like to connect 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers, 2 surround speakers and a center channel. I of course have a subwoofer. The problem I have is that the A/B sw is either A or B and not A & B. Is there a way to configure these speakers without using the A/B sw?

Please let me know.

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 64
Good old Sony!! You are correct in that the AB switch is "or" not "and". The solution is a speaker switch available at most electronics stores or:

http://www.wiredshopdirect.authsafe.com/product_info.php?products_id=14499&langu age=en&cPath=54&source=googlebase

This one is a 4 speaker selector so you could potentially add two more sets of speakers. There are 2 speaker pair switches if you look hard enough.

Either way you would hook this box up to the main or "A" speaker outputs then have selection of any of your remote speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 478
This is a 6.1 channel receiver. What do you need the A-B switch for? Hook up the front speakers to the A speaker input center to center and the rears to the rear speakers. Your only problem is that the receiver only accepts one surround back speaker which is fine because the surround channel is mono.

Silver Member
Username: Floyd_1977

Montgomery, IL USA

Post Number: 119
Typically, A & B speakers are used for cases where you have separate stereo speakers (B) for music and surround speakers (A) for movies.

Also, you can use A & B speakers if you have two different rooms where you might want to turn speakers on/off. Here it is useful to be able to activate A, B or A & B, but in your situation, Casey is right, you don't need to have A and B: just A.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us