Please advise--good 600W speaker system--HELP ME :(

James Miller
I posted the following message in hopes of receiving some assistance in finding suitable replacements for my Kenwood HTB-504 speakers. I have since looked online and found the JBL SCS-150 which seem to be in my price range ($300 on Amazon). Can anyone either give me advice on this new system or hopefully answer my question I posed in the previous post? Thanks for your help!

*Original Post*
Unfortunately, during a move, the moving company "misplaced" several of my items, including a brand new 5KW generator, 2600PSI pressure washer, and, unfortunately, a box containing vitals of my Kenwood HTB-504 system. (Read as some fellow in South Georgia is now enjoying my stuff) I purchased this system after Consumer Reports rated it the number one system that year. Not being a Home Theater wizard in any sense (although I do know how to hook up the system w/o using a manual), I need some help in bringing my poor system back to life. The box contained my powered subwoofer SW-35HT and my Left Front and Right Front KS-505HT speakers. Other wiring was also misplaced, but wires are easy. What I need help with is replacing my components with (hopefully) original pieces, or "as good as" replacements. I cannot say money is not an object, because it is. Of course, insurance will pay for the replacement parts, but I would like to enjoy the system I plunked down good money for. The problem I have encountered is neither Kenwood USA nor any other distributer (including authorized sellers for Kenwood) sell the KS-505HT speaker system as a whole, let alone only the right front and left front speakers. I have run into a similar problem trying to get a replacement for the SW-35HT subwoofer. My insurance company wants prices and I don't have the money to go out and buy a new system. Can anyone please help me out in trying to find out a solution to my problem, or a place who can sell me these components? Or does anyone know of suitable replacements for these missing components?

Thanks for all your help!

Hawk
James:

With regard to your original post, there are a number of websites that deal with factory refurbished pieces of HTIB systems. I have come across them, but I have never spent a lot of time looking at them, so I cannot give you their web addresses. However, one I do know and I would recommend is Ecost (www.ecost.com). I have often seen listings on their site for receivers or even individual speakers stripped from HTIB packages. Ecost also seems to have a lot of Kenwood stuff, so try there.

I hope this helps

James Miller
I ended up getting the JBL system...I checked and since the HTB-504 came out 2 years ago...no one carries either refurbished or otherwise...I hope the JBL SCS150 is a good setup ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us