surround sound question

Bronze Member
Username: Lobster

Post Number: 22
How important is it to stay with the same brand/ line of equipment for surround sound?
I have A old pair of ads L810 mains that still sound sweet. 6 0hm normal 4 ohm min.

i would like to match them up with new center, sub and rears. Is it ok to piece meal it or should I stay with one company?

Im considering paradigm but open to all suggestions .

marantz 8002, ads mains paradim sub, center and rears.
possibly orb mod 2 rears.

1- 2k budget on center, sub, rears. any advice is nice. chris

Bronze Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 47
In case no one has answered, the center speaker will be more important than the rears. Everything else is determined by how critical you are, the best odds on obtaining the sound you truly enjoy is to stick with what you already have but then again, ADS may have made so many changes over the years...

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 406
keeping your speakers matched up is important, but if you plan to upgrade like it sounds and money is a problem then buying the highest quality brand that you like and buy them one at a time as you can afford is a good thing, but if you really want to stick with you old speakers then try to match them, example if your tweets are tex, and your drivers are kevlar then find speakers with same material, subs are more flexable because of the lower frequency,

and just because there the same company dont mean they will match
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us