Polk audio

Username: Tbaggins

Vancouver, Wa Us

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am assembling a modest theater setup and am hoping for some helpful insights (or clever insults)

So far I have:
onkyo ds575x reciever
polk rti6 bookshelf speakers and csi3 center-

my sub and rears are going to be replaced-- probably with matching polk gear because its a good price range for me.

I'd like to know if there is an equalizer that works with integrated amplifiers. Also, I'd like a cd player that rips mp3s without a computer.

Any all guidance appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15014
An equalizer?...You must be a hardcore car audio guy:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15015
You have a pretty decent system. What are it's weaknesses that you feel a need for an equalizer?

What do you seek to improve?

Username: Tbaggins

Vancouver, Wa Us

Post Number: 2
Well, I find that the amplifier presets work pretty well for pop music and movies but tend to bully jazz and classical tracks. I'm not too familiar with the technical terms but I guess I'd say the highs and lows are overstated. Particularly orchestral music. I can get by adjusting bass and treble but I think an equalizer might be better.

Also, my cd player is really old. It makes a clicking noise after a while and really must be replaced. I was hoping for suggestions on one that played mp3's.

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 229
You should be able to override the presets and set in the highs, mids and lows your self. Aside from that I can see a eq being more trouble than it is worth. You would have to run it through your pre/post channel, and then (somebody correct me here) you would completely bypass the pre-amp in the receiver, and you would then need a separate unit?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us