Need help on deciding the Bose speakers

Username: Daisy1234

San jose, Ca US

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I am completely new to home thester system setup. I have heard bose is good for smaller homes so am thinking of buying. I have a Panasonic 60" LCD projection TV. It says BBE, Dolby, Surround on the TV. But I assume the actual surround sound will come only when I buy the speaker system.

My living room is 12 ft X 20 ft.

Please tell me which bose speaker system will be good for my living room. I woud not like to spend too much too so it should be deently priced.

Really appreciate any pointers for the same.

Thanks,
Raj

Bronze Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 62
You will have to buy an entire system -speakers and audio/video receiver. You cannot do what you are proposing.... If you want Bose be prepared to be ripped off!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14590
"Please tell me which bose speaker system will be good for my living room. I woud not like to spend too much too so it should be deently priced."

Too much contradiction in that sentence.

But seriously...why are you considering Bose? have you listened to other systems? What have you had in the past?

Define "decently priced"...show me a number that you consider decent. I could recommend Sonus Faber Cremona driven by Outlaw Audio Mono block amps. I thought it was decently priced when I purchased them. :-) We all have differing views on what is considered decently priced. One thing is for certain though...Bose is not decently priced, considering the materials they use and the quality of sound they reproduce. And yes, I have tried them before and I did not like them. There are only a few Bose products that I like, the 802 professional series speakers, which I still have, the quiet comfort headphones...excellent for the noise within the flight deck. I avoid recommending them for home audio use.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14591
But if you are dead set on Bose speakers...any of them will work within your space.

Please specify a budget so we'll know what we are working with. You will also need a budget for a receiver. Your TV set will not be able to drive a separate speaker system on its own.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 374
if theres no highs or lows it must be bose

Bronze Member
Username: Rhariv

Singapore

Post Number: 13
Check out on Bose Accoustimas 5.1 or 7.1. Else you have to go to Bose Lifestyle systems which starts ata very low of $2000 ..........

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14611
^^^

Silver Member
Username: Huron

If theres no...

Post Number: 384
wow thats so low for crappy bose that Im thinking of not bothering with wharfedale opus 2`s for my fronts and down grading to a bose systemUpload

Bronze Member
Username: Rhariv

Singapore

Post Number: 14
I would still go with Berny :-). No doubt it is good but you are wasting your money. Why don't you check out for KEF, Cambridge, Mirage, Klipsh, Polk, Denon and Jamo. These are all too good to be missed. Especially Polk and Mirage have very high ranges also that you are looking for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us