Need Help Choosing Home Theater Spkrs/Rec.

Username: Denovo

Post Number: 5
Hi there - my new house is pre-wired for 5.1 surround sound. The problem? I don't know what speakers or receiver to get.

I'm on somewhat of a budget and don't need anything spectacular, just entry level for console gaming and movie watching in HD. I have a DLP, and plan on getting an ENT center. I'm going to use bookshelf speakers w/a center console, because I don't think in-wall speakers will be an option because of the ENT centers size.

My question - What size and type of in-wall rear ceiling speakers do I need? My living room is not that big.

Second, what receiver should I get? I'm looking into the Onkyo TX-SR605S, but don't know. I need it be ipod compatible and have HDMI capabilities.

Again, any help by you guys would be much appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14401
What is available in your area?

Post Number: 6
Berny, thanks for the quick reply.

As far as what's available...I'm assuming you mean stores? If that's the case, I have every major retailer in town (e.g. best buy, circuit shity, etc)and local home theater centers.

However, I'm looking into getting the receiver off of Amazon, and the speakers from HTD dot com. I've heard nothing but positive remarks about the quality of their products. Again, I'm going for entry level equipment. Let me know what you think. I'm open to any recommendations and professional advice!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14403
Very nice...Home Theater Direct speakers are pretty decent.

What is your budget for receivers?

Post Number: 7
Well, I want to stay below 500.00.

Also, do you have any recommends as far as speaker size is concerned (in-wall)ceiling? Our family room is approx 14 x 16. I thought 6x5 would be plenty, but again, am new to home theater issues.

Also, would the Onkyo , TX-SR605S meet my needs for my 360, satellite HD receiver, and home theater system? I need at least two zones, as I want independent listening in the master bath.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14410
The Onkyo should meet your needs.

The best thing to do about your speakers would be to call HTD and get in touch with a live rep. They have great customer service and I am sure they will help you out with your decision.

Username: Keith_w

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 1
Greetings....

Trying to match up a Denon AVR-2802 with speakers for 5.1 configuration. Room is approx 15'x25'. Budget is >=$1,000. Thank you in advance.

Post Number: 8
visit HTD.com. Home theater direct is a great company with decent products. And, the speakers will fit your budget, no problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us