Need setup/config help

Username: Seanod

Post Number: 2
I have an onkyo tx-sr702 reciever and a bose speaker system (one of their acoustimass system with 6 sets of cubes and it was their biggest sub they offered. I got this about two years ago). This setup is the same as what they were demo'n in the store same reciever and speaker system. I dont feel I have it setup well. Not very happy with the sound while watching movies or while listening to music. Not sure what setting to play with or what sound fields. Hoping for a little help.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14377
What is it about the set up that you are not happy with? What improvement do you want out of your system?

Post Number: 3
Not happy with the sound quality. Not sure how to really answer your question. Just feel it isnt set up as best as it could be.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14379
You are not happy with the sound quality? Were you happy with it before or were you unhappy with it for the past 2 years? The biggest sub they have is really not a sub...more like a mid-bass driver. Open it up and you'll see what's inside.

I am not very big Bose fan, I have used their products before and they just are not worth the money they ask for. They lack a lot of detail...and they never ever sound the way they do at the store...even then, they still lack detail.

What you may want to do is put the whole system on craigslist or ebay or some other place you can sell them off.

Start anew.

Post Number: 6
Im not the biggest bose fan but at the time the price was right and the area they are in is small and they fit it well. I did have them sounding better at one point but got a new reciever (same one under warranty) and havent been able to tune it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14385
Ahh, okay then...just play around with the settings and see which one works.

Good luck dude!

Post Number: 7
Yeah tried that no luck I was wondering what setting should I have it set to

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14386
As far as settings are concerned, you are limited only to what the Bose can provide. If none of them are getting up to par with your tastes, you have a decision to make...live with what you have or get rid of it and get something that will.

If you liked it before...what settings were they in? What was changed?

Post Number: 9
no idea, dont know much about this, not sure what sound field to put it in. I just dont know how to adjust it to make them sound the best they can.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14390
Honestly, no setting will make it sound the best they can. You cannot add more bass, because of the limitations of the midbass drivers, and you cannot increase the high frequencies, just because of the way the cubes are made.

They will be tolerable at best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us