Finishing Touches for 5.0 Surround

Silver Member
Username: Tunasalad

California US

Post Number: 146
Hello all,

It's been a long time since I've visited the boards here, but I have an question and I hope that you folks will indulge me again. My birthday is coming up within the next 2 months or so and I am considering putting a new center channel on my wishlist. Right now I have a less than stellar 50w center by AudioSource. I am looking for something in the $200-300 price range (less is better). My current system is a pair of DCM Timewindows
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rspkr&1032068115&read&3&4&
and a pair of Sony bookshelf surrounds. They are all driven off a Marantz SR4001 receiver. I am looking for something that will match the sonics of the DCMs, but I have been told that the current DCM speakers aren't that great. I was considering some of the lower end stuff from B&W, Paradigm, and the like, and I look forward to hearing everyone's opinions.

Thanks so much,
Stefan

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14748
Hey Stefan, it's been awhile.

It's been some time since I have listened to DCMs, but I remember liking it when it was paired with an older Bowers & Wilkins bookshelf speakers.

Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 9
If you are looking to replace your center and surrounds only then I would think that the shopping should be fun. Go to a local store to hear what you like and then buy them online!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us