Durabrand at Walmart - Any feedback?

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through January 11, 2004Deep Bhatt100
Archive through November 29, 2003Brandon J.100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Anonymous

GLENN
You will not get surround from tv mode unless you have a digital signal coming from your tv.Even if you do the HT400 only has one digital input you would need a digital adio switcher to run more than one digital signal in.If you press surround you should get a simulated surround effect.

Unregistered guest
Can you hook a bookshelf audio system thru the HT400? I want fewer speakers in that area, and I was hoping to run everything thru the Home theater.

Bushmaster78FS
Unregistered guest
Bushmaster78FS, you need the MS High Def AV pack to get Dolby Digital on the Xbox. You'll only get stereo or pseudo-surround (pro-logic) with the standard av cable. In addition to the av pack you'll need the optical cable to connect it to your home theater. You'll probably have to change a setting in the Xbox Dashboard to output the proper audio once the av pack is hooked up.

Thanks a million Jo, I had no idea. Well here is my question, my DVD player uses the optical cable, my cable box uses the coaxial cable, so there is no way I can connect anything from Xbox AV pack Digital Audio output to my home theather. Is there only optical output on the Xbox AV pack? If there is a coaxial output I am thinking maybe I can get a Y adapter and share the same input with cable box and Xbox. Other than that, I don't think there are Y adapters for optical cables. (I don't know) And I am sure if I only use the A/V outputs on the Xbox AV pack, I will again get only stereo...

jp
Unregistered guest
If your bookshelf has an output jack you can

Username: Ody

Post Number: 6
Bush Xbox Advanced and hdtv pack is optical only.

Unregistered guest
I just purchased the Durabrand Ht-395 Home theater system, I was fortunate enough to have kept my Monster speaker wire. My advice to owners of this system is to purchase Monster(It's a brand). speaker wire you can find it at Best Buy for $30-$50 depending on the length. Here is a link so you know what it looks like www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051384447132&type=product They make your system sound almost 3 times as good(no joke) and you can keep them like I did for your next home theater system It's a great investment. They make the system sound like it's at least 200 watts the only thing that stay's (sounds) the same is the sub. Too Bad you cannot replace the subwoofer wire.

CELL
Unregistered guest
I got a question. I just got the ht-395 yesterday and have couple of problems. First one is I cant get it to work with just the TV playing. It works fine with the DVD and kinda works with my VCR. Another problem is only the right speakers work with me playing a movie on my VCR. Anyone know whats going on here?

Username: Ryan

Post Number: 1
hello,
i just bought an durabrand ht-400.. i have all speakers working, but subwoofer dont do a damn thing,, what can the possibly be?? help

ryan

Unregistered guest
I have a general question. I have a very good sounding (and semi-expensive) stereo, I have not invested in it in while, just gold rca's and other gold cables. I don't want to invest in an expensive new reciever, so when I saw the HT 395 for $69.73 I thought this is my chance. Here is my question. Can I combine my system with this HT, and combine my old systems speakers with this HT wiring without doubling the speaker wires to my two main speakers? I want to use my two main speakers (that run very efficiently on the watts) to be the two front L & R speakers for my HT, AND, when I want to just turn on the old system and listen to the "plain stereo"

Big Boy
Unregistered guest
I am planning on Getting a surround sound system for my xbox and Dvd player and I came across the HT-395, Can somebody let me know if this is a good system, or should I find something else? Any Flukes or flaws?

Username: Krillinish

Post Number: 4
Just read this thread that you just posted in and your question shall be answered.

(Basically: Yes, it's really good considering the price.)

pizzapop55
Unregistered guest
Hey has anybody in here tried the T.V's?

Renato
Unregistered guest
My Durabrand STS75E don't play any DVD... Oddly, it does play one DVD I got for free at Best Buy, with the "hell boy" trailer, and any music, photo or mp3 cds, even CD-R... When I try to play any other DVD it either displays "invalid disc" or "invalid region", even after unlocking other regions. Do any of you guys have faced anything similar to this?

Username: Honest_abe

Ft. Worth, TX USA

Post Number: 2
Good Advice:

Robert Kight, this was the best review I've seen so far. You and I have familiar taste. You may know a lot more about the systems you have used. I'm going to purchase a Duraband Mobil Car DVD system for my 14 year old son as a birthday gift this weekend (3/19/04).I own 2- Phillips Home Theater systems and like them both. Very easy to set up and real good sound to them and have lots of options with them

Also, good come back for the foul mouth person, thanks!

Username: Confused

I BOUGHT A DURABRAND HT-395. I LOVE IT BUT I WANT KNOW IF I CAN GET DTS ON IT. PLEASE HELP THANK YOU

Anonymous

Hello, ive bought a personal cd player from durabrand. It plays all cds but cd-rw and came with great headphones. i passed up the other offer of an rca personal cd player. It had no radio on it, and did not have as many kool features as the durabrand personal cd player does. The rca was 30 bucks and i spent 30 dollars on this durabrand cd player and it burns your ears. its great to have. i wish it had a hold button on it though cuz it always slips on on accident. The only problem is that the cd lens makes the music sound a little fuzzy with the 60 second asp on. what advice would you have for that and yes it is all cleaned not dirty. thanks

ctitanic
Unregistered guest
The HT-395 does not have DTS decoder period, you can read about it in the manual. The HT-400 manual says it has DTS decoder.

Username: Jangojason

ok,..here is my beef with the HT-400. I play tv through the tuner input and there is a slight delay in the sound coming through the Home theater system. I also think there may be a delay in audio coming from the dvd input. I edit film and tv commercials so i am a good judge of sync, and I can tell it is a bit off. I plan to sell my system because it is driving me crazy! Anybody want it $60 plus shipping!

Unregistered guest
well im just here to give some advice about the subwoofer on the HT-395. I know the bass isn't that great considering the price, but I found something out a long time ago. I'm one of those guys who just loves sound and when I have nothing to do I experiment on placing my speakers in different positions to get the best sound possible. I have found a way to amplify the bass, making the bass a little roomshaking. Well anyways if you have an entertainment center usually there are slots in which to put books, movies, or whatever. Kind of like a cabinet but with no doors. Well instead of placing the subwoofer on the floor like you are supposed to. Place the subwoofer in the cabinet slot making sure that the actual subwoofer speaker in the back has about atleast 1 inch of space between the subwoofer speaker and the backwall of the slot. For optimal bass results make sure the slot in which placing the woofer is close to the floor and not at the top of the entertainment center. That way the floor will capture more of the vibrations for quite cleaner bass. It also depends on the material your entertainment center is made of. I have only tried this in wood furniture. If you don't have a cabinet slot without doors it's okay to use a cabinet with doors just make sure when operating the system leave the cabinet doors all the way open. If you leave the cabinet doors closed will cause very unclear sound adjust the bass the way you like it. Just try it and experiment you might find a better way than I did. You may want to put stickies or tape under the subwoofer to hold the subwoofer in place cause otherwise it will be rattling around. Hope this helps:-)

Unregistered guest
About the Remote I don't know the code so you can program to a universal remote, but I have one of those learning remote controls I suggest buying one only costs about $15.00 at target. Thats the best I can help with.

cora
Unregistered guest
i have the ht-395. When using the coaxial, it sometimes cuts out, suddenly. all the hookups are correct and it has worked perfectly before. anyone else have this problem? How can it be fixed?

Username: Jrny99

these remote codes for the HT395 are a real pain in the rear to find. i keep striking out, has anyone found the codes?

j
Unregistered guest
my ht-395 distorts bad on cd's. great on dvd movies but badly distorts audio cd's. anyone know why??

Anonymous

I'm looking at the Durabrand DVD player for your car. The one for $278 that has 2 screens. Has anyone got any reviews on this product? Is it worth the money or should I pay more for a Sony?

Unregistered guest
Hey DURABRAND TV's SUCK!!!! my tv that ive had after 17 years finally blew up last night.... so i went to Wal Mart in Tillsonburg Ontario Canada this morning and bought a 24" Flat Screen Durabrand Television... i got it home... hooked it up.. worked ok... i shut it off to go outside... come back in turned it back on.. it was #%$@ed!!!! you couldnt use the remote to turn it back on... you couldnt turn it on from the tv itself... not even unplugging it worked.. so i took it back an hour or so later and bought a better one... that was only 5 dollars more than the durabrand... i bought a rca 27" i love it!!!!

wantdolbydigital
Unregistered guest
I just bought a HT-395. I have it hooked up to my computer; however, I can only get it to play in "Dolby Pro-Logic". I really want Dolby Digital. I read some people talking about "S/PDIF method"... Can somebody please explain to me what this means and what I have to do to get Dolby Digital? Thanks for your help!!!

Unregistered guest
To wantdolbydigital:

I believe that the only way to receive a Dolby Digital signal is through an optic or coaxial cable. I don't know if there are any computers out there that has an output for these digital cables, but if there are any, that would be the only way to receive Dolby Digital signals.

I have two surround systems, but surround does not necessarily mean Dolby Digital. If you can somehow get the cables needed, you will definately feel the difference, but only if your computer or dvd player has an optical or coaxial output; otherwise, you would be spending your money on something that you cannot use.

You can find these cables at any electronic store. The best ones are in places like Circuit City, Bestbuy, etc.

Hopefully, I've helped.

jott5555
Unregistered guest
Still anyone have the remote code for the HT-400 system?

its sunday and stupid customer service is close..

Username: Jangojason

I have a 200watt Duraband Ht-400 for sale!
Only missing the digital audio cable. Works fine,... I just wanted a better one,.so I bought a Sony 500watt system. Email me if you are interetsed $65 O.B.O.

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
Why does my HT-395 always humm when there is no sound, like if I hook it to my computer it will hum until I play a song and even then, if I approach one of the speakers I can hear static. Is this the result of a loose connection or Durabrand's product?

Username: Integsys

I have the same problem as mentioned in alot of these posts. Can anyone tell us how to get rid of that annoying humming that comes from the subwoofer when the system is working correctly?

Username: Jigo

Post Number: 7
The humming sound in my HT-395 is coming from the box, not from the subwoofer. It sounds like a cooling fan.

Unregistered guest
A few weeks ago someone posted a question about the Durabrand portable DVD with two screens available at Walmart. I looked for a response but did not see one. Can someone shar with me whether it is a quality product? I'm looking for a portable with 2 screens. Thanks.

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=3&post=79668#POST79668

Unregistered guest
I have my HT-395 connected to a DVD player that it's sitting on top, using an optical cable. I noticed that when I play a DVD, I get a slight hum at low volumes. When I pause the DVD or turn the volume all the way down, the humming stops. Is this to be expected from digital connection and cheaper electronics, just some kind of artifact of the optical data transfer. Or is it something else?

BTW I bought the Walmart during a blowout sale of old stock in preparing to grand open as a Super Center, for $29. They had stacks of them for this much.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 598
No, it is the gear not the source on this one, I'm afraid.

Unregistered guest
We are going on a car trip in July and we want to buy the Durabrand Dual DVD player for the car. Has anyone bought this product and if so, does it work ok? Thanks

Unregistered guest
Thanks, Berny. For $29, I'm not complaining too "loudly" about hum. Just hooked up Lord of the Rings Two Towers DVD to HT-395 for first time. Wow! Sure does make a difference. I figure I can maybe replace the center speaker with something better in the future.

Here's another problem. I tried optical connection between satellite receiver and the HT-395. Unfortunately, with the first cable, the connection is very intermittent, unless I hold the plug on the back of the satellite receiver. When I take the same cable, add an 1/8" adapter and connect to minidisc from the satellite receiver, the sound is good and not intermittent. Any suggestions besides trying another cable (which I will)?

Blammo
Unregistered guest
FO connections are usually not as secure. There may be a break or crap in your filament.

mamakellene
Unregistered guest
I also have a question about the durabrand dual screen DVD player for the car - has anyone bought it and does it work? Or should I pay more for the Sony?

Anonymous

We have had our durabrand dual dvd player for several weeks now and it has been great. No problems at all and the kids love it.

Unregistered guest
hi. i have durabrand car dvd player and it vorks great for the kids but they have some dvd's for others region, do some one know how to hack it??

bjarni again
Unregistered guest
hi. i have durabrand (DUR-1700) car dvd player and it vorks great for the kids but they have some dvd's for others region, do some one know how to hack it??

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if the Durabrand HT-395 actually fully decodes Dolby Pro Logic II or does it only decode the aging Pro Logic I?

Post Number: 5
Just Pro Logic I. Yeah, it's a small let down, but Pro Logic I ain't too bad.

Unregistered guest
Hey yo waazzzaaa, i have a dvd player called Durabrand (DUR-1700) and i live in europe and i bought this dvd player in USA, so im not able to play dvd's on europe, cause theres a different region. does anybody know how to hack this dvd player? i would be very greatful!

shwshnk15
Unregistered guest
hey people any ideas if the dvd system can run dvd ram? dvd-r's?

Anonymous

i just returned the dual screen player, main player kept going on and off and cannot use both screens on airplane as add claims, with just battery power,needs to be plugged into car for both screens to work.

JohnJ
Unregistered guest
Anyone know what the exact description of the cable is that comes with the Durabrand DVD dual lcd screens is? I don't think it's a s-video since there is 9 pins. I'm looking for a longer cable and can't find what kind this one is. It just saids din cable in the manual. But I can't seem to find anything on a 9pin din cable. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi, I just purchased a durabrand dvd theatre for the car. I put it in and it worked great ecept when i hit a few bumps it stops. But the real problem is, when i restart it, it plays slow. It takes about an hour to get going again. Any ideas?
Thanks, joe

Unregistered guest
Hi, I am thinking of buying the dual screen durabrand DVD for my minivan. Trying to find out will I be able to use one screen on the middle seat and one screen on the back row. Or will I run into the problem of needing a longer cable and if so where do you get them from.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Had my HT-395 for 4 months now, and it still sounds great. And the rear speakers when in surround mode are supposed to be lower than the front. That is because they deliver ambient sounds (echo, chatter, distance). You should hear the person talking in front of you and the car horn 3 blocks away behind you not the other way around. This system ROCKS!!

Unregistered guest
Had my HT-395 for 4 months now, and it still sounds great. And the rear speakers when in surround mode are supposed to be lower than the front. That is because they deliver ambient sounds (echo, chatter, distance). You should hear the person talking in front of you and the car horn 3 blocks away behind you not the other way around. This system ROCKS!!

JohnJ
Unregistered guest
Peaches, the cord is about 6 foot and will run from the second row to the rear. I've been checking on a longer cord and it appears the cord may be specially made for just these units. The actual manufacturer of the DVD unit starts with an "A" but the name escapes me right now. They have an 18 foot cord that runs $25.

lukkibug
Unregistered guest
I need help! I have had my HT-395 for about 5 months and now I can only get the background sounds. No voices at all. It worked fine one day then nothing the next. What do I do?

aRs
Unregistered guest
Has anyone got the HT-391? Does it support Pro Logic??

Anonymous

I have the dur1500. The battery is very inconvenient. You need to take it off when not in use, and it lasts for about 2 hours, durabrand said. It takes 4 HOURS for it to charge. I was thinking about getting the Apex pd450, but I read that it isn't very good either:-(

unitedairbus320
Unregistered guest
I have the dur1500. The battery is very inconvenient. You need to take it off when not in use, and it lasts for about 2 hours, durabrand said. It takes 4 HOURS for it to charge. I was thinking about getting the Apex pd450, but I read that it isn't very good either:-(

Chuq
Unregistered guest
My durabrand ht 395 remote control volume buttons often times control my apex ad-1225 chapter forward and backwards when I am adjusting the volume during a movie. Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Also when using the coxial output from my dvd to my reciever the voices wouldn't match up. Anyone else have this problem? I have since just used the RCA plugs instead.

Darth Vargi
Unregistered guest
In response to the question raised about the Regent HT-391 (Or the similar but slightly less powerful Durabrand HT-3915) the subwoofer does actually support Pro Logic II although it isn't officially licensed. If you run a sound test for Dolby Pro Logic II for instance, Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, you will hear the tie fighter go through all of the speakers as he makes his rounds. I've ran other music tests and they seem to produce the same results. Obviously this is Pro Logic II based or a very similar technology.

NoAdde
Unregistered guest
For HT-391, does it actually have surround or it just make as it had. thanks

Unregistered guest
So what's the consensus? Which is better, the HT-395 or the HT-400?

Unregistered guest
Hello... I have a durabrand for a tv... and i have seem to broken the remote control... I cannot find the brand "durabrand" in any of the replacable remotes... what can i do to purchase a remote that will work for durabrand?

Unregistered guest
Hello... I have a durabrand for a tv... and i have seem to broken the remote control... I cannot find the brand "durabrand" in any of the replacable remotes... what can i do to purchase a remote that will work for durabrand?

Anonymous

I want to buy a Durabrand 100 Watt Surround Sound Stereo System With DVD Player STS75E, but i have no idea how good the quality is. Has anyone ever used one?

Unregistered guest
I have my ht-395 for about 6 mo. worked very good until last week no sound at all,worked one day and out the next. Seems as if the pre amp does not work. Tried to buy another one at walmart but they do not have them anymore. They only have the one with the cd player, and I don't want that one. Does anyone know where I can buy one?

Username: Jigo

Post Number: 8
I saw the HT-395 at a reduced price over the weekend. Check it out at other Walmart stores close to your place.

gary_p
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand 100 w/DVD STS75E. The sound is very low, unless there is music or something else besides voices and regular sounds. Any ideas?

Unregistered guest
Jigo nlliligo I checked all the walmarts in my area ( Lake george ) no one has it here. Where did you see it?

deb40al
Unregistered guest
Gary_p I just bought the sts 75e yesterday and I am returning it today sound is low i had a ht-395 a much better unit with much better sound but walmart does not seem to have this unit any more

Triggert
Unregistered guest
I have the HT-395 Model Surround Sound system, works great but the other day my remote broke. Can someone tell me what could of remote I need to get it back up and running? I can't use a lot of the features w/o the remote.

Username: Boarder04

hey, i have heard so much people talk about these two systems, but in reading all of these, i haven't really been able to figure out which one to get. any help from someone that might have some experience with both would be appreciated. this will be used with my dvd player, am/fm tuner, my computer, and my tv.

Thanx

Username: Boarder04

hey, i was also wondering if anyone had a durabrand ht400 for sale, because i can't find them at walmart anymore.

thanx

deb40al
Unregistered guest
I have tried at least 4 walmart stores they do not have the ht-395 or 400 they have other models that are no where as good as the 395 & 400

Unregistered guest
Today I bought Regent HT-391 5.1 Home Theater system. It sounds great. But I can't understand one simple thing if this is a 5.1 channel system, why does it have inputs for DVD only Left and Right channel (what about rear L/R and front). I have USB sound card Audigy 2NX, which extends my laptop sound to Dolby Digital EX format (7.1) and it has 7.1 analog outputs, I want to use unly 5.1 configuration for this home theater system. Question: HOW DO I CONNECT 5 CHANNELS ANALOG UTPUT TO ONLY L/R INPUT. ITHER I DON'T UNDERSTAND SOMETHING OR HOW IS IT WORKS?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 6
The HT-391 isn't a true 5.1 system. There aren't any digital inputs. It's kinda misleading. Notice the lack of "Dolby" logo and such.

The HT-395 and HT-400 are true 5.1 systems.

Unregistered guest
I have a sts75e .I got it for my daughter on Christmas.
She has watched 5 or 6 DVD's now she can't watch ant because of an invalid disk error on all the DVDs
Does anyone have a solution before I get rid of it? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Jeff,

ross
Unregistered guest
Im getting the Durabrand 100 Watt Surround Sound Stereo System With DVD Player STS75E, i was wondering if its possible to hook it up to an older tv?

ross
Unregistered guest
Im getting the Durabrand 100 Watt Surround Sound Stereo System With DVD Player STS75E, i was wondering if its possible to hook it up to an older tv? i mean this tv is oldschool!

Unregistered guest
I bought STS75E(Manufactured March 2004),
and I tried this method to break the code

1. Turn on
2. Eject the tray
3. Press 8,1,3,2,8 on the remote

But It didn't work.

I tried this method on my friend's STS75E(Manufactured February 2004)
and It worked.

I found different point between Feb,2004's one and Mar,2004's one.

Ver.Feb,2004:can press 5 numbers when the tray is open [can see 4 (-)]
Ver.Mar,2004:can press 7 numbers when the tray is open [can see 6 (-)]

Does someone have an idea how to break the code and be multi region?

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know what the HT-395's are
currently running for?

Anonymous

CAN ANYONE TELL HOW TO GET MY SONS CD PLAYER OFF STANDBY? IT WON'T PLAY ANY CD. IT IS A DURABRAND 5 CD PLAYER. MODEL CD 2155.
THANKS

asar
Unregistered guest
for those of you asking about durabrand DVD surround systems... i was able to get my tv to play through the home theatre speakers by doing this:

connect the red and white cables to the audio out jack of your TV and connect the other end of the red and white cables to the audio in of your DVD receiver system(i had only the VCR in audio jacks free on the Home theatre sys and that's where plugged them into)
Turn your TV on ; reduce the volume to 0; turn on your DVD receiver combo home theatre sys...and then press the FUNCTION button on the DVD/ Home theatre remote till you see the words ' AV IN ' displayed on the DVD text screeen area...- once this appears now increase the volume using the DVD remote and your TV sound should now play through the home thatre speakers....! Yay!!

Anonymous

Can anyone help me ive just purchased a durabrand 1000 dvd player is there any way of making it region free

many thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Tipstir

Post Number: 50
check on www.videohelp.com

Michele
Unregistered guest
It looks like I may be at the wrong place?! I have a portable DVD player - Durabrand. I can not find a customer service # any where. FYI it is not 800-315-5885 - can anyone help?

Michele
Unregistered guest
It looks like I may be at the wrong place?! I have a portable DVD player - Durabrand. I can not find a customer service # any where. FYI it is not 800-315-5885 - can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
I would like to send for a owners manual for a durabrand home theater with a dvd player.Does anyone have an address.

abc 123 efg
Unregistered guest
Just purchased a Durabrand "5.1 Home Theather System" from Walmart on sale for $45 (w/tax). The sound quality is mediocre from the original speakers. At first, I was disappointed in the sound quality when I tested the system with some rock system on the stereo. The included center speaker provides no mid-tones what so-ever. I recommend getting a replacement speaker for the center. One with a decent woofer (3-4" O.D.) and tweeter, as it has increased the sound quality substanitally. I have also noticed that the sound quality is improved by adjusting the rear volume as they have tend to add tinny sound. This system is connected to my computer system and the digital music sounds very good for the amount of money invested. Well worth the money. I rate it a 7/10 (with a replaced center speaker) and a 4/10(without).

sgzgrkd
Unregistered guest
To prior computer ?s...
Computer 5.1 Output is possible via a 5.1 enabled sound cards such as the Audigy 2 Platnium. They have a digital coax in/out and an optical in/out. I'm not sure but I believe on other sound blasters with "S/PDIF OUT" that is a fancy term for a digital coax interface. The software that came with your computer must also be setup for "Digital Output" for 5.1 output.

My 3 Cents...
I own a HT-3515 "5.1 Home Theater System" (analog input only). The sound quality is mediocre (good for movies). If you are trying to listen to music on this system forget it...the system has poor midtones and results in a tinny sound. In fact, the system gave me a headache because I was straining to find the melodies of the song. I helped this by installing an old computer speaker as the center speaker. Apparently, the mid-tones are entirely directed to the center speaker. After a little tweaking, the system sounds pretty good. Excellent buy for the money.

If you are serious about low cost stereo equipment for music applications, try ebay or your local pawn/thrift store. Used mid-high end speakers sound much better on the Durabrand reciever (I tested it on a set of mid-end Klipsch speakers-excellent music performence). I picked up two High Quality Yamaha Speakers and a Kenwood KR-950 150 watt "Computerized High Speed Stereo Reciever" for <$100. The sound quality, while only stereo (most music is only stereo!), really blows the durabrand's sound away.

As for people with expensive speaker cable...You have successfully been exploited by Monster. There is little coorilation between speaker cable and speaker output. 8 ohm sheilded speaker cable and you will give the same performence from Monster. Let's face it what is really going through the wires? DC current at varying voltages. Inexpensive sheilded, 8 ohm speaker cable is just as conductive as 8 ohm "Monster cable." Who really cares if George Lucas was paid off to put is name on a wire? Also, these people who installed this "high end" cable on their Durabrand speakers: If you did not take the speaker's apart and solder the Monster cable directly to the speaker contacts, then you will find that you are running through the cheap 4 ohm wire that came with it! Therefore you compromised the system with a bottle neck of inferior wire.

Unregistered guest
the HT-395 is amazing. i knew right away what i was dealing with. I gave away those low rate speakers and updated with 100w pioneers that i had .they were old but still gave that home theater sound. and i used a 100w sony center spk
i only use coaxial/opitical outputs or else it sounds horrible. now heres the best part, i took a 700w rms audiobahn sub and hooked it up as a joke. 10 months later and i am still using the 700w sub running at 8ohm not 4 like you would in a car. long story short HT-395 gets a 11/10 rated to Bose that i give a 9/10. Now why do i say that, well it's simple i paid $35 for the HT-395 about $40 for the speakers and $75 for the sub with theater box. now im not vey good at math but last i checked a decent Bose theater cost $700, i know that cuz i have one and i can't tell the difference between it and the sytem i created.

Ward
Unregistered guest
I purchased the Regent HT-391 today at Wal-Mart for $20. It was missing the remote and cables. I called Lenoxx and they are shipping them out to me free of charge!!! You can get their toll-free number on lenoxx.com.

Anonymous

woe

Unregistered guest
I am looking for a remote control for a Durabrand BH2004D. I have tried several universal remotes and can not get them to work. Does anyone have a code that will work on a universal or know where I can get another remote for the Durabrand. I tried a remote control site but they tell me there is no such Model number. I have verified the model number on the back of the TV.

Thanks.

Unregistered guest
i got a burabrand dvd player 7inches dur-1700 a month ago it played for a while now the battery is not charging any more and i am not hearing anything any more just seeing the picture any help?

Username: Brenda

I have a Durabrand DVD/VCH Combo, it's shot now. Can I hook the speakers up to my pc??

Nicolaskl
Unregistered guest
"Now why do i say that, well it's simple i paid $35 for the HT-395 about $40 for the speakers and $75 for the sub with theater box. now im not vey good at math but last i checked a decent Bose theater cost $700, i know that cuz i have one and i can't tell the difference between it and the sytem i created."

Thats because they both suck.

"As for people with expensive speaker cable...You have successfully been exploited by Monster. There is little coorilation between speaker cable and speaker output."

I have fairly high quality wiring throughout my system. A while ago I replaced it all with junk I had lying around (mostly stuff that came free with varies pieces of audio equipment) and there is defininitely a difference. Its not huge, but its very audible. If you've got a cheap home theater (sub 1000 dollars) then its not worth it to spend a couple hundred bucks on getting good wiring, but if you've got a good system it is.

shrink
Unregistered guest
I have a durabrand ht 400 home theater it has worked great for over a year. Now the sound when playing a dvd fades in and out and is grainy. The sound when I play an audio disc is still great any ideas as to why this may have happened.

Silke
Unregistered guest
I have a DURABRAND portable DVD player and want to get it region free. Is there any way? Tried videohelp already

Anonymous

Hello,

Does anyone knows how to hack a Durabrand Venturer STS 75 E?

Randy J
Unregistered guest
Two days ago I bought a Durabrand big button telephone at Wal-mart. It was on clearance for only $4.00. That was practically giving it away.
About a year ago I bought a Durabrand 19 inch television for $90.00. I like Durabrand products.

Sparky M.
Unregistered guest
I bought my DuraBrand Last year and I found that if I added different speakers to my system I got a whole new added feel and look to my Home Audio. My advice is to look around because I got my speakers cheap and the difference is unbelieveable. So experiment. You will be surprised in many cases.

Username: Lacoy30

Dumfries, Va Us

Please can someone help me locate the manufactor for the dvd video dur-1500.The store will not take it back they have exchanged it twice.I don't have the orginal package or the receipt that's why I can't get a refund. But they all have stopped working in the same way saying it can't read disk or no disk.And the red light just keeps moving back and forth.please respond asap lacoy30@netzero.com

Unregistered guest
********* COULD SOMEBODY ACTUALLY CARE ******** I AM COMPLETELY IRRITATED BY THIS REMOTE CONTROL SITUATION. I have the HT-395 and no remote for it because some idiot broke into my house and robbed me, but , forgot to take the surround sound for the remote they stole!!!!!!! anyway i have seen several people looking for the universal codes for durabrand models. Can we network or something people???? I know you can order the remote from the manufacturer for like ten bucks or something but i don't have there number or address. So if anyone has figured out who the major manufacturer of lenoxx is I would appreciate it I heard there were other larger companies related to them. Or the code would be nice since we all know the surround sound doesn't work without the remote. thanks so much!! Rachel

Unregistered guest
I bought a Durabrand DVD player in a walmart in Germany the store clerk told me all I had to do is go to Durabrands website and download some software and then burn it to a cd stick it in my DVD player and it would be region free well my problem is there is no website for Durabrand, can anyone help me, my model number is DV-165X

Gold Member

Post Number: 3449
yes there is... it is called www.durabrand.com

Bronze Member
Username: Shamuchef

Orlando, Florida United states

Post Number: 33
all you people who buy walmart sh t get what they deserve

Anonymous

What is that suppose to mean we get what we deserve?Please explain???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
constant problems concerns complaints just turn it on the crappy sound speaks for itself and if you think it sounds good you have no idea what a halfway decent system should sound like and walmart just sucks as a store they pay thier employees crapy wages and sell crappy products and them hicks who own it are the biggest jerks on the planet so if you buy thier defective junk you get what you deserve when you have problems whith it

Anonymous

Well they sell hooked on phonics.You should invest!!!Because you only buy the best

Sam Walton
Unregistered guest
John try using punctuations from time to time. It hides the fact that you are an ignorant elitist wannabe. What's the matter, you sound like you got fired from wal-mart. Do you personally know the employers?

I didn't think so! You got fired, you were not good enough for wal-mart, get over it. Now get out of your double wide and get a job so you can get the triple-wide you so desire.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
i typed that way so you hillbillys could understsnd. you know with all that inbreeding and all. people like you live in trailers. i hire and mostly fire people like you every day. thi
there really isnt any point in trying to educate someone of your limited brain capacity any way. so maybe you can so to k-mart next and catch a bluelight special

Gold Member

Post Number: 3542
You are not capable of writing any other way. Stop hating your own kind. It must be rough having a family tree without branches! Or did your sister-wife leave for your other brother? HAHAHA! You poor thing!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3543
I can't believe I am joing this foray...yikes! sorry john:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ok this has gone far enough, this is going off topic. so it has ended ta ta

Bronze Member
Username: Tehkrapht

Texas USA

Post Number: 14
The HT-391 supports Dolby Surround/Pro Logic. I don't think it works correctly with DPLII because I cannot hear any stereo seperation in the rear speakers.

With that said, Pro Logic isn't bad. It's just as good as DPLII except the rear speakers are mono and limited to a certain frequency range.

Username: Dozza1981uk

i have found the code for the durabrand tv it is the same as the bush tv codes which are on this site
http://www.satalogue.com/section13/page2.htm

i have set the code in my sky remote and works fine using the 4 digit code

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1549
Pro Logic isn't anywhere near as good as Pro Logic 2. If you think it is you must have a poor set up. There's a huge difference on mine.

Anonymous

Does anyone know how to fix the problem with the surround sound of the Durabrand HTS working well with the DVD player but not working with the TV only? Is there a way to make this work without purchasing a receiver?

KOSSisn'tGood
Unregistered guest
Im looking for a Home Theater system to replace my current one. I have a KOSS that broke after 4 months and needs replaced.

I looked at the Durabrand and an RCA at Wal-mart.

My question is this: I just mounted and put up my speakers and wires for the KOSS system about two months ago. I don't want to have to unmount and rewire. The current speakers are 80W speakers. If I get a Durabrand with a DVD player built in, will I have to put up their speakers and wires, or can I just plug the existing wires into the Durabrand system?

Unregistered guest
WE FOUND OUT OURS DOES THAT BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE A VCR HOOKED UP WITH IT SECURITY CONCERNING THE REPRODUCTION OF DVD'S CAUSES IT TO CUT OUT SUDDENDENLY AND FREQUENTLY. WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT A RFMODULATOR SOLVES THIS PROBLEM

walmart is unamerican
Unregistered guest
pure crap walmart comie pinko products

Anonymous

ok i have a question. i have a HT-391 and an HT-395 in the living room and i was wondering if i could hook up my speakers(HT-391) to my HT-395 reciever. Would it mess up my speakers or will nuthin happen?

Unregistered guest
I bought a Disc Digital stero Compct pportable Durabrand Model CD-203. I did not get directions for it. Can anyone help me get them. Barbara GBegove@aol.com

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 14
If the set is new, pack it up and return it to the place of purchase as defective and arrange for a refund or an exchange.

You may exchange the set for the same model, but I highly advise spending a little more and getting a shelf set from a better brand. The better brands that Wal-Mart tends to stock would be from Sony, Panasonic, and JVC. Avoid all the other brands that are there, including RCA. As for Durabrand, they are fairly notorious for having problems either immediately or after a few months.

I would recommend, however, obtaining a refund and finding a shelf system from another store, like Circuit City or Best Buy. Wal-Mart simply does not have a good selection, and this applies to any other mass discount retailer like Target and K-Mart. - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
"WE FOUND OUT OURS DOES THAT BECAUSE IF YOU HAVE A VCR HOOKED UP WITH IT SECURITY CONCERNING THE REPRODUCTION OF DVD'S CAUSES IT TO CUT OUT SUDDENDENLY AND FREQUENTLY. WE HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT A RFMODULATOR SOLVES THIS PROBLEM"

There are two variants of MacroVision. The earlier incarnation deals with video cassettes, where a white pulse is superimposed on the vertical blanking of the video recording contained within the tape.

The second incarnation is used with most DVDs. This kind of MacroVision is actually generated inside the player itself and is triggered whenever the disc being played has a MacroVision flag. This kind of MacroVision also puts a white pulse in the vertical blanking of the video, but it also introduces a colorburst distortion alongside that may not allow for good color when recording the video on a VCR.

Anyways, the white pulse in the vertical blanking will repeatedly pulsate in and out, causing the AGC to think that the video signal is too strong when the white pulse is in or too weak when it's out and, therefore, attempts a compensation in either case. This is what causes the video to fade out and back in. There are some VCRs that either do not react to MacroVision in the same way as others or apparently not at all. The problem with MacroVision is that it does cause some headaches even on televisions, including projection displays.

The use of an outboard RF demodulator will work because they do not use a video AGC like the kind used on VCRs, so they'll simply modulate the A/V feed from your DVD player into a VHF signal in channels 3 or 4 without problems. - Reinhart

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
"Im looking for a Home Theater system to replace my current one. I have a KOSS that broke after 4 months and needs replaced.

I looked at the Durabrand and an RCA at Wal-mart."

Don't bother with either brand.

If you want an HTIB, get one from a decent brand that will last you a lot longer.

Go for the $248 Sony HTIB special for sale at Wal-Mart. It will come with a receiver and a complete suite of speakers for 5.1 surround sound.

You will need to get a seperate DVD player for it, though. But, if you decide to go this route, get a DVD player that has DTS output support since the receiver that comes with the Sony HTIB will work with DTS, as well as Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro-Logic II. Most DVDs don't have DTS, but there are a good number of DVDs that do have DTS. The players there that should have a DTS output would be the Sony, Panasonic, and Sanyo offerings. - Reinhart

lukewholikesdodges
Unregistered guest
I am disappointed with my Durabrand DVD Player W/Surround sound. Sub blew out and player does not play DVD's after 6 months of use. Now I have a cheap emerson DVD player patched into it to make use of my speaker system.

Clifford Parody
Unregistered guest
I just got a durabrand DVD surroud system from wal-mart but the speaker wires are not long enough to reach accross the living room... does anyone know what I can do to extend them?

Dazed N Confuzed
Unregistered guest
I have a Durabrand TV, it work's great. But on my move from Cali to Ohio- I lost the remote. Now I can't get game mode on there. Is there any way that I can get the Ps2 to work?? Please help!

Anonymous

I got a Durabrand boombox and it did not play CDs and my house mats got Durabrand CD players and it did not play CDs. I whould not buy Durabrand anymore in my life!!!!!

Username: Bugerman

alive in they dominican republic and buys a TV model bh2004d and it is not listened to when we opened it we saw that it needs the Chips of audio and I want to know if they can give the information me of the numeration of the Chips to look for it (he is the one that it has like 6 legs)

Lane
Unregistered guest
Mine lasted about one year then started smoking.
Seems like the power supply roasted.

Fan is quite loud. I dont know if all systems have fans, I would recommend something quieter.

Lane
Unregistered guest
Also.. There is a sound delay between the sound from your tv and the sound from the speakers. I always ended up turning the TV volume down.

Commonsense
Unregistered guest
Wal-Mart = Low prices
Low Prices = Low quality
Low quality = cheap
cheap = junk

get the picture? Think of Wal-Mart for Toilet Paper and Underroos not Stereo Equipment.

Besides Wal-Mart has sold America to the Chinese right under our noses. They close down our manufacturing plants and replace them with Wal-Marts for us to work and shop at. What happens next? Check your labels, ya cheap bastids.

Pretty soon Wal-Mart will put up a trailer park right inside the store for you to work, shop and live in. You'll never have to leave...yippee.

jrricky
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a Durabrand DVD Home Theatre System but i cannot seem to be able to get any sound from all of the speakers when i want to watch my cable channels. The surround sound from all the speakers only work when I play a dvd or a cd music disc. What can I do to get the surround sound from all my speakers when watching cable?

Got me.
Unregistered guest
Disconnect everything, read the manual and start over again. Thats what I did. Still didn't work. Had to exchange it.

But after reading all this negative stuff about Durabrand and from my own experience, next time I will spend a little extra and buy something better.

Anonymous

durrabrand sky code 0065

Username: Blitz36

Toledo, Ohio United states

Post Number: 7
ht-3916 WARNING if you paln on buying the 5.1
Dura brand speakers think again!! they wont last long at all and sound like wet car speakers
they cant even handle 40 watts i blew all them in a half hour and there tec sux..i know there only 33.99 but you get what you pay for JUNK buy klh

Username: Just_another_dummy

What is this a Wal-Mart bashing site?

Username: Oblivion

Colwyn Bay, Conwy Wales

Post Number: 4
Hey, if any of you live in the UK, they have some great little speakers in Maplin(Lluandudno). They are Surfsound brand active speakers (x2- l and r per pack) which output at 80W each.If you buy them instore or online, you can get the cherry(dark wood) one's for £20 cheaper than the beech ones.(They are both the same price in the catalouge at £49.99!). I connected them up to my mp3 player and later my xbox 360 and the sound is fantastic! Even when I connected my mp3 player up to it with a cheapo teknika(tesco) lead the quality was mind blowing!
It doesn't bother me that the speakers only have 1 RCA (L/R audio) input as I love them to bits! They even have adjustable surround(better than buying a cheap full set in my opinion-<cough>Durabrand),
bass and treble. Plus, for £29.99 you can't go wrong!

Picture:
Upload

hope-fully helpful, RML.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us