Cant hear sound while watchin T.V. *HELP*

Username: Chronic1

Post Number: 1
My Gear:
32" vizio hdtv
Samsung home theater system (ht-x50)
and a XBOX 360
*no cable box* (dunno if that matters)

i want to connect it all so i hear the sound from my home theater speakers, not the T.V.

when i use the DVD player to watch DVDs it works fine, but i dont hear the speaker sound when im watching regular TV, or playing the Xbox

Thanks for the help!!!!

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2022
­
Patrick, the first thing you need to do is connect up the TV's red/white R/L audio outputs to the Samsungs's red/white audio inputs. You then select that input on the Samsung.

Second, you connect the xbox's optical output into the Samsung's optical input. Then you select that input on the Samsung.
­

Post Number: 2
sweet, i was playing madden when i got that reply

i dunno what the optical outputs are? do i need to buy a new cable or something?

i plugged the xbox's red/white audio wires into the samsungs, and it worked it was awsome

then i tried to put the tvs red/white wires in the av1 spot , connected to the samsung in the same place the xbox was and it didnt work?

thanks for the advice on the xbox im playing that now, but not watching sunday football

Post Number: 3
also: the back of the samsung has
video out component out
o-yellow o-green
o-red o-blue
o-white o-red
on the red and white video outs it says aux2

(It has the HDMI and that digital audio in optical space)
--------------------------------------------------
the Vizio TV has 2 HDMI spaces 2 component spaces, and 1 regular yellow,red,white spaces u see on old tvs

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2024
­
"i dunno what the optical outputs are? do i need to buy a new cable or something?"

Yes.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/console/digitalaudio.htm

Assuming your Vizio 32" is the same as my 37", you should have a red/white set of outputs marked "Analog Out". This is what you should connect to the Samsung's analog audio ins.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us