No picture through HDMI connection?

Username: Jimbronie

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I have a Onkyo TX-SR605 reciever and a Mitsubishi - 65" 1080p DLP HDTV.

I am having problems connecting my cable-box (any other device) --> recieiver --> tv via hdmi out cables. just for the record, i used the following method cable-box --> reciever --> tv via component wires and it worked fine picture and sound. however when i make the connection via HDMI, i get no picture out on the TV, just sound through the recieiver.

after doing some reading, the reciever i have can take any input wire (component, composite, hdmi) and still output it through HDMI to the TV.

the problem i have is, when i make the HDMI connection from my recieiver OUT, and IN to the TV, the TV doesnt "automatically" detects a connection, as it usually does when i connect any input into the tv. my first suspicion is that the TV is not picking up the feed from the recieiver via HDMI.

thanks in advance for any help and assistancE!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 464
Did you try going directly to the TV from the cable box with HDMI? You may need to do a set up in the receiver to acepted HDMI in on that in put (DVD).

Post Number: 2
none of my input devices are hdmi (cable-box or dvd player). i therefore cannot connect any device via HDMI directly to the TV.

i was of the understanding that this reciever can take any input in, and still output via HDMI.

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 467
There still may be a set up in the receiver to allow the upconversion to HDMI.

Post Number: 3
thanks casey - i think thats my next step - read thru the instructional manual for a "magic" button

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2005
­
Jim, try turning on the TV before anything else, then when the TV is fully operational, turn on the receiver. Then turn on the other devices.

But Casey may be right here --- the Onkyo may not automatically upconvert sources without some setup before hand.
­

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 468
Pages 48-49 of your manual will put you through the HDMI-Compenent video set up. It was a little confusing but with some trial and error you will get there. Here is the link to the manual if anyone wants to help.
http://onkyousa.com/searchResults.cfm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us