Suspect Radio Interference with Subwoofer - Pls Help?

Username: Tully

JakartaIndonesia

Post Number: 4
I live in Jakarta in Indonesia and have just purchased the following system:

NAD C162 Preamp
NAD C272 Power Amp
NAD T562 CD player
NAD T572 A.V Receiver
NAD ???? DVD Player
PSB Stratus Silver Front Floor Standers
PSB Stratus Minis for the rears and
PSB Subsonic 5i subwoofer.

Jakarta like most asian cities has a lot of satellite dishes. My apartment is on the top two floors of a 30 story high rise and the stereo is on the second top floor. I suspect that there is probably a satellite dish or some sort of radio antenaas on the roof and possibly aircraft warning lights etc.

My problem. Whenever the subwoofer is on and the the volume is set to Zero for both the stereo and the home theatre I can hear what i think is the radio (AM or FM I don't know which) coming through the sub. It is muffled but sounds like people talking interspered every couple of minutes with muffled beats like music.

It is annoying enough that I have had to turn the sub off because I can hear it in the quiet, dialogue only sections of movies and in between tracks when listening to music. I also can't listen the either at very low volumes because of the background muffled noise.

The supplier has changed out the A/V Receiver and the Subwoofer and the problem is still there. They have suggested that its the radio interference and there is nothing I can do to fix it.

Can anyone suggest what this is and if there is anything I can do to fix it?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
Try moving the sub to a different spot in the room.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us