HELP! HTS Disaster, no Digital and I can't understand why!!!

Sanj Gill
Hey...
Can any one help???
I've just bought a Sony HTS (6600 with 850P and 665 DVD). I also bought a monster cable - coax for the audio/digital. I'm running the video through comp. monster cables direct to the TV.
When I switch the amp to DVD it just does not recognise digital.
I've set up the DVD, and Reciever, tried the coax cable that came with the Reciever, tried optical - nothing. even tried to climb mount everest. I give up...no digital for me...HELP!!!!

Derek
I don't know those two components but... Does your receiver require you to assign the digial inputs to a specific source? By default most receivers have the digital input off, meaning analog-only. It would day something like this...

Optical 1 = DVD, TV, CD, Tape1, Off
Optical 2 = DVD, TV, CD, Tape1, Off

Does you DVD player have provision for forcing the digital out? It might say something like"

SPDI = PCM, 96K, Auto.

Try one of these and I hope this helps.

Sanj Gill
Thanks for the advice, I have PCM and also digital output as options i'l try that. Other than this, it's totally baffling why it won't work. Should be simple coax to reciever....it's all a bit wierd.

Sanj:

I'm not sure if you're getting Derek's point... unless you specifically set the receiver to recognize digital inputs, it almost certainly won't. You can't simply make the physical connections and expect it to work--you need to KNOW, definitively, that the receiver is ready to receive a bitstream of data. You'll need to consult the manual for your receiver on how to do this. The physical connection is the easy part. The rest has to do with receiver settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us