Need to upgrade, but keep components...

Username: Stebbo

Post Number: 1
Hi.
I have a NAD c350 which sounds awesome with my Wharfedale Pi-20's, both of which I intend to keep.

Would buying a yamaha dsp-e800 be the best way for me to st-up a decent home cinema kit? Obviously I will need the speakers, but the processor is my main concern.

Is there any other way? I don't want to replace my stereo amp as it would mean I would lose quality on my music.

Regards,

Rich

Username: Neht

Westford, Massachusetts USA

Post Number: 5
Move your NAD c350 and Wharfedale's to a new location in the house and enjoy them as they are.. a great two-channel system.

Now, decide on a budget for your home cinema. Total including speakers. You can fit a complete system to any budget so understanding how much you are willing to spend is half the battle.

Post Number: 2
The house isn't really accomodating to thet :-(

The Yamaha will add the extra 3.1 channels which is ideal, but I am wondering if anyone has any feedback on this method?

Looking to spend £500 on processor and speakers.

I cat get the Yamaha for £250.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
If the Yamaha has pre-outs for the main channels and your NAD has the inputs your golden. Run a set of interconnects from the Yamaha to the NAD and you're there. It's certainly been done before and it works. Make sure, though your Yamaha has those main channel pre-outs though.

Post Number: 3
Yeah all criteria met there :-)

Just need to match my cinema speakers with my Wharfedale floorstanders now :lol:

I just feel sorry for the neighbours ;)

Thanks for the help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
NP. Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us