Does cable signal affect.....?

Username: Gindavis

Lakeland, TN United States

Post Number: 1
We are in the process of planning our Home Theater system.

Our cable has not converted our area too Digital yet (doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon). I know I can go with Direct TV for HD, but my husband is not ready too convert.

So will it make any difference too our audio system (receiver) that the signal coming in is not digital. Do we need too look for anything specific when choosing our Home theater system? I'm not sure what questions I should be asking about this and I have been doing a lot of reading on this subject, just not finding anything specific enough.

We've have narrowed the TV too a Mitsubishi DLP 1080p. But I'm at a loss on Home theater system, thou I'd rather go with the all in one set up, than buy separate components.

Thx in advance
G Davis

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 455
If your cable company can supply a HD signal then you are getting a digital feed.
Do not get an all in one box set up, a receiver and speakers with a DVD is a much better choice. You are already getting a good TV why skimp on the audio. Denon receiver and Paradigm speakers.
http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3635.ashttp://paradigm.com/en/paradigm/news/

Username: Gindavis

Lakeland, TN United States

Post Number: 2
No, we are not getting digital, it is NOT available were we live. So again the question is, will the analog signal be an issue w/ the audio system/receiver?

Thanks for tip on actual components too get, Casey.. I have looked at the Denon.

Thx in advance for any tips or suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3656
Analog cable will give you terrible audio compared to a satellite, the audio isn't even true stereo and you can't get 5.1. If you live where you can use an antenna to get HD channels, OTA HD audio is great and is 5.1 when broadcasters use it. If you get a lot of snow where you are, you might want to stick with cable, if not, look into DN or Direct TV satellites.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us