Okay, make me look stupid...

Username: Island_eye

Nevis

Post Number: 1
I am a total neophyte. Plus I live on a small island in the Caribbean and cannot hire anyone to help me out. I just moved here and un packed my Bose 3.2.1, my Tivo Series 2 and my new Samsung T3253H. I cannot figure out how to connect them together at all. I have read the manuals to no avail. I don't have any S-video cables but can get them smuggled in given enough time. I have the standard white, yellow and red cables.
My Bose works well and I listen to my CD's while I try in vain to get any signal to the TV.
Can anyone help an old guy who doesn't even know how to text message on a cell phone. I really need "connect the third red connector on the Bose with the 2nd red one on the Samsung, using a xxxxx cable"
I will be eternally grateful, although as you get older that may not be that great an offer.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1905
­
"I will be eternally grateful, although as you get older that may not be that great an offer."

Yeah I know what you mean. I think twice before I buy green bananas. Upload

I can't give you a step by step guide all at once here---my head would hurt too much. I am wondering what your TV signal source is...cable (wow does Comcast own that island too?), antenna or whatever.

If it were me, I would start by hooking up the component out on the Bose to one of the component ins on the Samsung. That way you can watch movies. There is a Blockbuster around the corner isn't there? Oh yes that would also let you watch the setup DVD that came with the Bose. Get back to us when you get that going.
­

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1906
­
Oh yes John, the component hookup is three RCA phono jack wires that get plugged into the red/gree/blue jacks labeled "Component."

Username: Island_eye

Nevis

Post Number: 2
John - Thanks for your help. All is now well in our little island nation. I have my Tivo and my BOse hooked up and running. Now if you could help me control the monkey population that is eating my garden before I get a chance to harvest my vegetables, then I'll be eternally grateful...really!

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1911
­
Upload
WaWaWa John V...I was here before you...WaWa
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help