What HTIB system would best fit me...

Hello,

I'm in the process of purchasing a home theater in box. This will be my first system. I've read a lot of reviews -- which made me even more confused as to what best fits my needs.

I want a system that will last me for quite sometime and will also give me the option to add more components to it.

I was told that a one unit system (DVD/RECEIVER) is limiting on connectivity while two units are more flexible, is this true?

I was first drawn to Panasonic SC-HT70 because of 5 disc changer and price. Then after reading reviews about how the speakers aren't the greatest I veered towards the SONY DAV-S500. Which was a single unit. So I assumed it would not be very upgradable so I then looked at the SONY HT 1300 (two unit system). The HT-1300 only had a single disc player. So I then checked out the HT-5100 (which was now getting into the pricer systems).

I concluded that I'll get the HT-1300 because of the upgradablity, plus the advance features (to be used in the future) DVDA, SACD, etc. And buy a better DVD player later down the line. However, I then saw the Panasonic SC-HT290D (which was two units, better speakers than its younger brother the SC-HT70 and 5 disc changer) which was seems comparable to the Sony HT-5100 but a lot cheaper.

Finally, when it couldn't get any worse, I ran into the Pioneer HTZ-55 and the HTZ-77.

My bias towards the one unit systems, passive sub-woofers, etc might be wrong because this is my first time buying a HTIB. So I ask you for your opinion. I want a system that will last and that I will like, I want it to play it all, DVD, VCD, CDR, CDRW, and MP3 would be a nice feature too.

And with the digital trends, I want to be able to ready for the new technology.

So what do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
Sam

Fulton Buerro
I would go for the SONY HT 1300... and its a MUCH BETTER DEAL than the freak HTB-504 that ever one is raving about!

Anyone has something ELSE to say! Bring it on!

JustLikeYou
Try Onkyo HTS-650 and a Sony DVD player DVP-NC6*. Hope this helps...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us