HD Antennas

Bronze Member
Username: Emerson1

Post Number: 17
Anyone recommend some good HD Antennas?

I live 26 miles from downtown Dallas so I should be within good range to receive signals. In my attic, I have a really big TV antenna that is about 15 years old. Could this pick up HD signals?

If not what are some good antennas that I could put up in my attic? I don't want to go through the trouble of setting one up outside.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3577
Yes, your attic antenna should work fine if it's pointed in the right direction. I have a decent size standard TV antenna in my attic, the only way to go with how windy it gets here. I live about 45 miles from most of the transmitters in my area, 65 from a couple, I get all local HD and digital channels with perfect reception.

Go to antennaweb.org and make sure the antenna is pointed in the right direction and you should be good to go.

Silver Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 128
your old TV antenna should work fine, as mentioned in the reply above. Check www.antennaweb.org or www.tvfool.com with your full address and make sure the antenna is aimed correctly. You should consider replacing the cable with new RG6 or RG6Quad coax cable. The old stuff does age over time, and if it's RG59 coax, it has higher line losses than the newer cable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us