Divinci D 7 Home theater system

Username: Rmembrthealibi2

Post Number: 1
Some dude sold a friend of mine a divinci D7 and supposedly its worth over 3,200 dolalrs and he bought it for 200. Anyone Know anything about this product???? I cant find it online anywhere. I found the D6 but i cant find the price. Im thinking its a scam Im not sure. or they were stolen.

Username: Wtyronet

Reynoldsburg, OH US

It's a scam. Check this website: http://miami.craigslist.org/ele/453729288.html

Username: Lancelot908

Post Number: 2
They were screwing people on Linden mall in NJ yesterday,I became a victim of their work. silver nissan armada, story goes: we are delivering these products the order was 4 pieces, in stockyard they loaded 5, we have one extra but if we go back they will just take it back; they had t-shirts of their company, showed you doctor hand written invoice order, advertisement in a GEAR magazine. -looked to me bunch of guyz need money for beer. - yeah it cost me $700 -is there a way to track cell phone number for free? - their number is 551-486-5779 someone catch those thieves!

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15574
$700??? They really got you good by appealing to your greed, huh?

Username: Blabreport

Hello everyone, new victim here. I was scammed for $300.00. There were two guys in a suv from Ohio. I got the tag number. It could be a rented vehicle. I will file a report with the police today. The guy said that his name was Jack. Jack A-- would be more accurate. His tag number was Ohio # EBF 9523. These guys will one day meet the wrong person. The systems looks nice but will not perform as promised. They used the same line of bull to sell their product which indicates to me that there is a head person training these losers. It won't be long, they will get caught.

Username: Rinoa12

new victim here. i got scammed for $160, what should i do now?

Username: Mustafa1

I brought this system also..... but the center speaker is not workin....... where can i find a number or something about my waranty??

Reynoldsburg, OH US

Timothy,

If you have a license # or other identifying information, you can contact the local police. Even then, I doubt there is much that can be done. It may be difficult to prove they sold the stereo to you.

Post Number: 3
Wayne,

Bad news... The company is a fly-by-night company in China, there is no warranty

Username: Tigriscub

Just happened to me today, luckily i didn't have any money, thank god. But i cant believe this has been going on for years and no one has done anything about it! I haven't even seen anything on the news warning people!

Username: Wyomingdreamer

I just bought a Di Vinci Home Theater System 6.1 off of Ebay. I don't know if I just got ripped off or not. I only paid $25.00 on the auction but the shipping was a little high. I figured that the shipping was high due to its weight. If this is a rip off Ebay will re-imburse my money and PayPal will re-imburse the shipping fees. I always pay for things I buy thru auctions by PayPal. We will see. I just sent the seller a e-mail asking for a tracking # for this purchase because I like to track my purchases thru the shipping process. Hopefully this works out but I do not feel very confident after reading all these scam stories.}

Username: Earnest

I couldnt afford a real expensive home theatre system so I priced the cheapest ones everywhere spending an entire day and nothing for less than $200 plus tax so I checked out some pawn shops and found one of these onsale for $150. I know that pawn shops sell things for 50% of there worth so I feel comfortable that they are worth atleast $300. They sound nice enough for an added theatre sound at home. Those flat screens just don't put pout good sound quality.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 94
Just FYI for folks who do not understand the dirt in the details of these "cheap" systems;

It's really all about the components (and I don't mean speakers) that are used to build the system. I am talking about capacitors, resisters, diodes and power supply. When these cheapos hit the shelves (or back of the vans) they are usually fresh enough to function OK at first but after a little use you will find things happening that you can not understand or fix. The reason is usually an issue with dried out, burnt out or leaking components.

Asside from that; one should also consider the safety aspect as a faulty component can and has caused fires. So in the end what's it worth to save $100-$200?

Well unless you are the manufacturer of thos product or a supplier of the parts then you do not know and cannot predict what the systems are like, good or bad. I just know it sounds real good to me and I have had a Bose dvd system in the past and this D7 system sounds nice w/out that price tag attached to it.

Bronze Member

NY USA

Post Number: 95
Hmm OK and Chinese cars don't rust either.

I do not have to be a manufacturer to know what is inside these things. I have replaced enough capacitors and burnt out resisters on cheap component PCB's to know enough about what can and does happen.

By all means if you think your ears know more about components than the folks who repair them then enjoy. Just be sure to invest in an extra fire extinguisher

Post Number: 3
Don't get upset by my opnion...I am simply stating that for the price it is a good buy and in answering the question on whether this product was a scam or not, it isn't. It is cheaper than more expensive brands and it is what it is. Do you want to wear polo or will you settle for old navy or the gap? I'm saving money when you can get sound just as good. Thats all.

Silver Member
Username: Vm8444

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 366

garbage not worth 3 cents!

Post Number: 4
Last night my family watched the Transformers with the D7 and man I tell you what....it was like being in a theatre. Loud, thunderous, and full of sound effects. Bad A@@@@@!!!!!!

Bronze Member

NY USA

Post Number: 96
Vince, I don't think we're going to get them to understand. Sometimes you just have to let them learn the hard way.

I have one major rule when it comes to electronics; If I can't return it I ain't buying it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us